"{playerName} has started building a Wonder."

"{playerName} has finished building a Wonder!"

Any other possibilities? 

"Metal/Stone Mine has been depleted!"

"Hero_Name has arrived on the battlefield!"

"Our nation's Hero has died!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel like most of these takes out a lot of skill (i.e. noticing that an enemy is nearby) or disadvantages scouting (i.e. being told when enemy is building wonder).

I would like if we got more notifications from allies after team vision is researched. For example, a notification that an ally has begun to build a wonder, a notification that an ally has dropped below 100 pop or a notification than an ally has less than 100 resources. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

I feel like most of these takes out a lot of skill (i.e. noticing that an enemy is nearby)

I think this one would only happen once, when a Scouting unit has first seen the enemy after X minutes. It wouldn't happen constantly.

38 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

disadvantages scouting (i.e. being told when enemy is building wonder).

The Wonder notification would be for Wonder victory games and/or if Wonders are made more integral to the game as discussed in the other thread. I think if Wonders become more of a big deal™, then the notification would help add some drama to the proceedings. 

40 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

I would like if we got more notifications from allies after team vision is researched. For example, a notification that an ally has begun to build a wonder, a notification that an ally has dropped below 100 pop or a notification than an ally has less than 100 resources. 

I like these ideas. (y) Allied notifications would be nice.

1 hour ago, Grapjas said:

"Hero_Name has arrived on the battlefield!"

"Our nation's Hero has died!"

These are good. Especially since they can only be trained once, this means their training and deaths are more important events. Not sure about the mine depletion notifs though, unless individual mines are made more important (as I have proposed before). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angen said:

aren't Phase advances notifications already in game? 

Only partially: observers get notified whenever any player has advanced to a new phase; players only when they do themselves or an ally (with shared vision technology), but not for other players.

If there are notifications for wonders (“X started building a Wonder.”, “X completed a Wonder.”, “X's Wonder has been destroyed.”), then there should also be similar notifications for phases (“Y started advancing towards the Town Phase.”, “Y cancelled advancing to the Town Phase.”, “Y has advanced to the Town Phase.”). And also notify players whenever a relic changes hands (“Z now has 3 catafalques.”).

While I'd like to have these notifications for all players by default, I think there should be a game set-up setting to opt out (cf. “Disable Spies”).

7 hours ago, Dragonoar said:

I posted something like this on the suggestion thread, but after giving it a second thought I'm not sure if people would not find it annoying, especially in late game with tons of buildings and units.

prf5.png.e3eac16e45c8930b5ff64e3856519393.png

There could easily™ be an option to toggle how often notifications occur. Could be as simple as: Frequent and Infrequent. Yours would be the "Frequent" option, while "Infrequent" would be a few of the items I and others have mentioned.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 4:55 AM, Nescio said:

While I'd like to have these notifications for all players by default, I think there should be a game set-up setting to opt out (cf. “Disable Spies”).

Agree on opt-out if implemented. I would never want this standard--it gives away critical strategic info that can easily be scouted. 

Edited by chrstgtr

On 13/03/2021 at 11:03 AM, Dragonoar said:

I posted something like this on the suggestion thread, but after giving it a second thought I'm not sure if people would not find it annoying, especially in late game with tons of buildings and units.

I think ffm had also implemented something to reduce notifications with his mod to help. Instead of having two times '1 Mauritanian Archer ready.", replacing it by only one  "2 Mauritanian Archers ready". Maybe he had also some other idea how to reduce the overload of message when the function is on.

On 13/03/2021 at 11:03, Dragonoar said:

J'ai posté quelque chose comme ça sur le fil de suggestion, mais après y avoir réfléchi, je ne suis pas sûr que les gens ne le trouveraient pas ennuyeux, surtout en fin de partie avec des tonnes de bâtiments et d'unités.

Why not 2 windows : 1 for units and 1 window for building, tech etc 

1 hour ago, faction02 said:

I think ffm had also implemented something to reduce notifications with his mod to help. Instead of having two times '1 Mauritanian Archer ready.", replacing it by only one  "2 Mauritanian Archers ready". Maybe he had also some other idea how to reduce the overload of message when the function is on.

"2 Mauritanian Archers ready"

implies one barrack queue-producing 2 units.

"1 Mauritanian Archer ready"

"1 Mauritanian Archer ready"

implies two barracks each producing 1 unit.

This distinction is important.

23 minutes ago, Dakara said:

Why not 2 windows : 1 for units and 1 window for building, tech etc 

How many "windows" in total? (wonders, diplomacy, units, buildings, resources) Having a separate window for every one of them is a waste of space.

Besides that's not how notification panels are usually done. Even in this forum there is only one notification panel for everything.

8 hours ago, faction02 said:

ffm or fgod (fpre)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2021 at 7:03 AM, Dragonoar said:

Is there a mod for this?

I'm interested in your own events notifications: buildings built, technologies researched, units produced. I would definitely use the complete list of notifications if possible just like in the image, mainly because sometimes I forget what I started, typically during battles.

37 minutes ago, Elias said:

Is there a mod for this?

I'm interested in your own events notifications: buildings built, technologies researched, units produced. I would definitely use the complete list of notifications if possible just like in the image, mainly because sometimes I forget what I started, typically during battles.

I don't know if there's a mod for this (I'd use it too). That image's just something I made in paint.net to showcase what it could look like. 

24 minutes ago, Dragonoar said:

I don't know if there's a mod for this (I'd use it too). That image's just something I made in paint.net to showcase what it could look like. 

Ask @badosu for this feature as it would be a nice add with his current monitor mod (similar purposes)

Alternatively, since there are sound notifications upon finishing buildings, technologies and units, playing with sound should do. Problem is, those notifications are in the same category Action as selection sounds and voices, which are much more repetitive, so I'm working on turning down Gain to 0.1 for the latter.

I also found that RandGain must be 0 for the change to take effect.

0 exp in modding, but here we go..

• Like 2