boonGUI

Langbart

1 hour ago, fasl said:

Unsure why but I get crashes straight to the desktop, playing vanilla A25b with this version of boongui.  Difficult to troubleshoot when no error message.

You can't even open the "Mod Selection" screen? Try the method in the wiki/FAQ, its the 4th from the top.

crashlog.txt and interestinglog.html are also empty? wiki/GameDataPaths

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.1

• The stats overlay has been updated by @ISlan to improve overall readability. In addition, a second overlay has been included that provides much more information to analyze a match. Thank you for all the hard work you have done so far.
    • boongui_stats_toppanel.png.849c982863166bbf1e12053a84b61ea4.png
  • Thanks to @The Undying Nephalim for allowing me to use his hero selector in this mod.
    • 597577412_Screenshot2021-11-19at18_17_24.thumb.jpg.b0fce4c3e0b7d8870894c849dac8e1d8.jpg
  • Thanks to @nani for his feedback and advice on improving the mod.

Feedback

Anyone can follow the development, contribute to discussions, report bugs, suggest features or even make pull requests at github.com/LangLangBart/boonGUI.

Edited by Langbart
  • Like 7

Thanks for the help in improving the mod.

5 hours ago, guerringuerrin said:

How can we report bugs? I get an error related to boonGUI, infinite error message on top left screen. I would like to get the files u may need to identify this and whatever bug appears when using it

Try to find the "logs" folder (see wiki/GameDataPaths), there is a file called "interestinglog.html", that would be very helpful, finding a way to consistently reproduce the problem would be even better. If the game crashes you can even attach the crashlogs.txt file, the replay where the problem occurred is also useful. Post everything here or on the GitHub page under issues

PS: The "interestinglog.html" file is reset every time the game is restarted, so save it immediately after the problem occurs.

5 hours ago, badosu said:

I had issues with messages not showing under the relics when they are present, you might want to change base positioning in this case

Which messages do you refer to? 

140800624_Screenshot2021-11-20at09_55_19.thumb.jpg.784a37f7434e30fa30ba4404c56f80f7.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badosu said:

Ya, these. I noticed it was working during normal gameplay but was offset at start of game or during/after pausing

Yes, I somehow managed to reproduce it. Opened an GitHub issue for now so that it is not forgotten.

4 hours ago, badosu said:

Also, would be nice to get into spec mode after resigning.

The stats overlay should be hidden when you spawn into a game as an active player, and when you resign, the stats overlay will be displayed. (You would still be able to toggle it on/off when playing actively with the button or hotkey.), right? yes, i would agree.

Edited by Langbart

Thanks, @Langbart. I played a game 2 hours ago and I think I got the same error.

I had to turn overlay info off bc I was getting constant error message so I always had like 10 error notification's lines on the top left side of the screen. It was not just one error but constant messages.

Luckily i didn't start the game again so interestinglogs is right there. I'll attach it to you. Also I sending to u mainlog and the replay of the game.

I have feldmap 0.1.0, autociv 25.2.6 and boonGUI 2.0.1 mods installed

Would u prefer I write down an issue on the github repo? I can do that ofc

interestinglog.html mainlog.html 2021-11-22_0001_boonGUI bug.zip

Edited by guerringuerrin

35 minutes ago, guerringuerrin said:

I had to turn overlay info off bc I was getting constant error message so I always had like 10 error notification's lines on the top left side of the screen. It was not just one error but constant messages.

Yes, thank you. I think I fixed all those bugs this morning with the release of version 2.0.2. 

On 20/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, badosu said:

Also, would be nice to get into spec mode after resigning.

Added as well.

57 minutes ago, guerringuerrin said:

Would u prefer I write down an issue on the github repo? I can do that ofc

Bug reports on GitHub are always preferred, as we can then easily point to the fixed issue with the commit. This helps to manage things better. Since I think these bugs are already fixed, there is no reason to post on GitHub again. If there are any bugs with the new 2.0.2 version, please do so. 

• Thanks 3

Ty for the mod. I really like the bigger minimap and the stats in the upper left hand corner. Is there any way to switch of the new information about the Units and techs on the right hand side solely (So I still want to see the stats)?

As I wrote I like the minimap, but have a little problem with it. It takes more space as it actually visually takes. So approximately a cm around the minimap I can' click on units even if I can see them. :( Maybe u can have a look at it and find the reason for it. ty

• Like 1

Version 2.1

On 30/11/2021 at 9:34 PM, Nobbi said:

So approximately a cm around the minimap I can' click on units even if I can see them.

@ISlan fixed it for version 2.1

Spoiler
On 30/11/2021 at 9:34 PM, Nobbi said:

Is there any way to switch of the new information about the Units and techs on the right hand side solely (So I still want to see the stats)?

Not yet, but I will try to get it done before Christmas. The idea so far is to use an up/down arrow.144127664-e3375a47-ab91-4a65-abcb-ec1ea49c7cc8.jpg.bc18bc4896b014ef00332be9581ccdc5.jpg.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Are there currently any reliable empirical values as to whether the 'Mod', e.g. when watching very large team games, in the role of the observer, causes any difficulties? I did it sometimes. Sometimes big TG crash. Happens today. Normal interval or could it have something to do with the mod? Any recommendations?

But even if the mod would have problems, as long as you're an observer this shouldn't influence the players. From what I know your not actually sending any data that will influence the simulation.

And since observer can now actually lag behind (https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP25156), the additional calculations shouldn't slow down the game either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seeh said:

Are there currently any reliable empirical values as to whether the 'Mod', e.g. when watching very large team games, in the role of the observer, causes any difficulties? I did it sometimes. Sometimes big TG crash. Happens today. Normal interval or could it have something to do with the mod? Any recommendations?

No crashlog no cookie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, seeh said:

i searched crashlopg path and found it here:
https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

means ~/snap/0ad/current/.config/0ad/logs/

BTW i was not server and not host. as i said Observer

crashlog.txt 65 kB · 0 downloads

generated 2021-09-26
Looks outdated

Try
search another file

slocate crashlog.txt

or

find ~ | grep crashlog.txt

in console

Edited by nwtour

57 minutes ago, nwtour said:

generated 2021-09-26
Looks outdated

Try
search another file

slocate crashlog.txt

or

find ~ | grep crashlog.txt

in console

~/snap/0ad/242/.config/0ad/logs/crashlog.txt
~/snap/0ad/201/.config/0ad/logs/crashlog.txt
~/snap/0ad/239/.config/0ad/logs/crashlog.txt
~/.local/share/RecentDocuments/crashlog.txt.desktop
~/.local/share/RecentDocuments/crashlog.txt[2].desktop
~/.config/0ad/logs/crashlog.txt

=> I think because I was not a server or host, the crash is not visible to me in log file. and i think, as the previous speakers said, the crash had nothing to do with the boonGui mod.

i play the snap version since many month actually

Edited by seeh

4 hours ago, sarcoma said:

Wonderful mod, too bad it can't be used with anything lower than 1920x1080

Maybe some of the shortcuts helps you

double click != single click !! remember
Shift+F => Take the view of player
=>Alt+Shift+F => Toggle the stats overlay
Shift+Escape => Popup the quit dialog
=>Next stats tab =>Tab+Y
Previous stats tab => Shift+Tab+Y, Shift+Tab+Y

• Langbart changed the title to boonGUI