boonGUI

Langbart

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This is cool, m8. I think that enabling stats overlay at the top should not be Shift-S since Folks could be moving the camera (WASD) while Shift-queueing orders. This makes the info panel sometimes toggle off and on accidentally. The big mini-map and moved buttons should definitely be a base-game option! Very nice. The ginormous garrison flags are a bit overkill.

its possible to config that in user.cfg
hotkey.boongui.camera.follow.fps = "Shift+F"

BTW i personally never moved camera with WASD. i use

hotkey.camera.down = "DownArrow"
hotkey.camera.right = "RightArrow"
hotkey.camera.rotate.ccw = "Ctrl+RightArrow"
hotkey.camera.rotate.cw = "Ctrl+LeftArrow"
hotkey.camera.rotate.down = "Ctrl+DownArrow"
hotkey.camera.rotate.up = "Ctrl+UpArrow"
hotkey.camera.up = "UpArrow"

what i missing to look from the eyes from focused object. that was possible in nroc using shift+f1 if i remember correct
and hotkey.camera.rotate.down stop for me to early. I would also like to be able to look almost horizontally.

Edited by seeh

hi, I used to use ffm_visibility and some of the older versions of this mod.

Despite most of the features are useful, I can't really use it anymore because of the "Shift-S" hotkey. I tried to remove it from the hotkeys editor, but I think it gets restored every time you go to the main menu.

Using  the arrows to move the camera makes no sense to me, since they are far from all the other hotkeys on the keyboard.

• Thanks 1

I really like this. Good work @Langbart But I have one complaint. Why is everything flipped left-right in lobby. It is a headache to use when beeing used to the original layout for years. Please flip it back. One other minor complaint is that I find it a bit hard to dicriminate the two blue colors in game. Could be just me though.

On 28/08/2021 at 1:13 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This is cool, m8. I think that enabling stats overlay at the top should not be Shift-S since Folks could be moving the camera (WASD) while Shift-queueing orders. This makes the info panel sometimes toggle off and on accidentally. The big mini-map and moved buttons should definitely be a base-game option! Very nice. The ginormous garrison flags are a bit overkill.

I updated the mod to 1.6.3 (6/Sep/21) and changed the default hotkey to "Alt+Shift+F", but you should still be able to change the hotkey via the "Hotkey" option.  (Also reduced the "ginormous garrison flag" by 25%, still well visible and the size is not too intrusive anymore.)

1263843085_Screenshot2021-09-06at18_59_16.thumb.jpg.2bc7de3d561651af66cf9292dde361f8.jpg

On 01/09/2021 at 3:22 PM, woodpecker said:

Why is everything flipped left-right in lobby. It is a headache to use when beeing used to the original layout for years. Please flip it back. One other minor complaint is that I find it a bit hard to dicriminate the two blue colors in game. Could be just me though.

Thanks for the feedback. The game details are left to game list, because I often moved my eyes from the top left of the game list to the bottom right of the screen in the original layout, just to see who is in that game, that's the reason. I won't change it back. But I added some new buttons with 1.6.3 (6/Sep/21), for example a "Replay" and "LastSummary" button, @nani helped with the code.
I adjusted the blue color a little bit, can you check it again now with the new version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Langbart said:

I updated the mod to 1.6.3 (6/Sep/21) and changed the default hotkey to "Alt+Shift+F", but you should still be able to change the hotkey via the "Hotkey" option.  (Also reduced the "ginormous garrison flag" by 25%, still well visible and the size is not too intrusive anymore.)

Unfortunately, this simply activates the framerate counter. lol. I appreciate the 1.1 release though. Currently running it!

• 2 weeks later...

@Langbart

I have code to contribute.

Could you consider opening a git repository for boonGUI mod so we can collaborate?

I can help you with the git repo setup.

Here are some changes I've already implemented:

• rG = research gathering technologies (storehouse & farmstead)
  • rS = research soldier technologies (forge / blacksmith)
  • rT = research all other technologies
  • Score = economy score (like in summary)
  • #F / #W / #M / #S = resources gatherers counters
  • Idl - idle workers counter
  • Exp - explored map percent

image.thumb.png.dbfb7b7571c01caf1cb891aef4ec9e29.png

I think tabs (eco / tech / military) will make it look better but for now everything is in one view.

Edited by ISlan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, ISlan said:

I have code to contribute.

Could you consider opening a git repository for boonGUI mod so we can collaborate?

:victory: I set up GitHub repo, link is also in the description. 

On 11/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, ISlan said:

image.thumb.png.dbfb7b7571c01caf1cb891aef4ec9e29.png

I think tabs (eco / tech / military) will make it look better but for now everything is in one view.

Lots of cool ideas. Definitely splitting the info would be a good solution, either tabs (Planetary Annihilation) or a dropdown (AOE4).

tabs_dropdown.thumb.jpg.54dae8c9f04ee75c9f92b74e51d688ed.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 15/10/2021 at 5:09 AM, DerekO said:

There seems to be an issue with Other language Scripts other than english specifically for the Hangul Alphabet/ Korean 힌 it shows up as ???

Replace mono-stoke with another font in these files. 

All default fonts are listed here: binaries/data/mods/mod/fonts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DerekO said:

was wondering where you got these images? and where can I get them in an image format? 

The first four were taken from this post by @maroder:

The 5th/6th icon can be found here:

Edited by Langbart

• Langbart changed the title to boonGUI