-autostart-disable-replay doesnt work

ostuffhuge

i understand it need enabled to reproduce issues,as long as in Alpha, and possibly Beta as well
but there should be an limit for game records for each versions of 0 a.d
for example version0.0.23 stop recording after 30times
after updating to version24 start recording again and stop recording after 30times

unlimit records is terrible, wasting space on the hard disk drive. can cause HDD or CPU performance decrease
now there are 319files and 162folders took 77MB under My Games\0ad\replays\0.0.23

less features and ugly graphics user interface less memory usage. cant there be a option like LOW RAM MODE? for the players who does enjoy the contents, and doesnt care the graphics user interface. so more computers can handle this game

in LOW RAM MODE:
zero user graphics animations
no dynamic background image on game menu
lowest resolution available under full screen
gaming control panel locked
ugly look graphics user interface ect...

win7 32bit radeon hd7620G 128MB
up time 2 minutes 4 seconds
Memory 271 MB
Physical Memory {MB}
Total 1841
Cached 104
Available 1570
Free 1472

lowest graphics settings
Alpine Mountains {3}
1vs2 AI difficulty very hard
treasures disabled
all other settings default
still sometimes ran out of physical memory

is that true memory requirement for windows at least 2GB
linux at least 512MB only?

will probably get 0 reply again i know

Edited by ostuffhuge

Hi and welcome to the forums.

6 minutes ago, ostuffhuge said:

will probably get 0 reply again i know

Sorry that no-one has responded to you before, it must have slipped through all the posts.

I think with autostart-disable-replay one needs to give more options, like the mod(s) to start, --mod=mod --mod=public, but also what map to start, and the players.

Regarding the replay limit, since those files take not very much space, and users can just delete them, I don't think it is going to be implemented. Perhaps an option to disable saving replays could be added.

6 minutes ago, ostuffhuge said:

linux at least 512MB only?

Well, I play on lowest setting possble, but still need some more memory than this. I'd say you need to have 1GB to be on the safe side of things.

There is some work done on being able to reduce fancyness, but it hasn't been added yet. Do note that M$ W7 can take up quite a bit of resources (although it seems with you it is using merely ~300 MB on idle? how did you get it that low xD ).

1 hour ago, ostuffhuge said:

cant there be a option like LOW RAM MODE?

I have a low-spec computer. I am slowly exploring options for minimizing memory.
First, create a minimalistic map for yourself in Atlas. This will immediately halve memory consumption.
In section "Special" minimalistic monotone textures

Edited by nwtour
mistake

OH i thought saving replays can be disabled by -autostart-disable-replay
so disable saving replays is currently hopeless
im the 2nd dude who asked for disable saving replays tho
https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/20357-disable-recorded-games/

perhaps for most of you those files take not very much space
pretty much for me, and it's kinda annoying have to delete those files that i never use after period of time once again and again

so guess raspberry pi4 2GB+slackware will be enough for 0ad? on youtube i've seen a person playing 0ad via raspberry pi 4
not the 4GB or 8GB version for less performance decrease and power consumption
planning to get one and use as my main computer, no more x86 architecture hardware after this one failure

with 2GB memory i can use pale moon+noscript' age of empires III and many lightweight programs with no RAM issue
under M$ W7 0ad is exteremely hungry at memory, atleast for me it is extremely hungry, have to close almost everything before start fighting

tons of works, got windows 7 service pack 1 from M$
NTlite tweaks...W7 installation >remove junks from the bloated trash W7
no windows updates while or after installing W7
disable features from services.msc regedit.exe inetcpl.cpl

replace windows shell/explorer.exe with explorer++
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] find "shell" string and change value from explorer.exe

at the end my desktop background is pure grey:-] background image is foolish useless anyway
...and many many this a kinda off topic,so i stop here

create a minimalistic map for yourself in Atlas:
yay have to try it

not a good idea deletes the same folder/files from a HDD cache partition D: and same sectors almost daily, which can cause bad sectors
i think the best solution FOR NOW is right click the folder 0.0.23 >Properties >Security >Edit > Deny write
after launching the game, wait around 40 seconds before click the Start Game button! so 0ad wont close itself
at the end a error window appear, click suppress, sometime have to click suppress twice, then good to battle