If You Could Make A Movie....

....what would it be? Say a big studio came to you, handed over $100 million and said "Make something really cool". What would you make?

I'd have three choices myself:

A movie about the Battle of Hastings.

A secret agent movie.

or my personal preference:

A movie with some serious Roman vs. Celt or German action!!!!

A movie about things that matter :) while being entertaining. Every great film need a good plot with emotions that touch you and make you enter the movie. Although I don't know what type of movie I'd make exactly I know it would be important to me that people connect with it.

I'd make a movie based on the Guerre de Hollande in which Louis XIV tried to conquer the Netherlands.

I'd probably make a mini-series of it, though, as I want to tell it all :) I'd centre on the political games of the participants. There was no one who played fair back then, but Charles II deserves a special mention as a real traitor and breaker of promises.

Let me see, I have a few ideas for a movie.

The 2nd Punic War

Caesar's Gallic Wars

The Battle of Tuetonburg Forest (did I get the spelling for the first word right?)

The Battle of Milvian Bridge

The Battle of Adrianople

The Sack of Rome, 410 AD

The Invasion of the Western Empire by Attila

The Battle of Hastings

The Battle of Crecy

The Battle of Agincourt

The Battle of Saratoga

The Battle of Yorktown

Well thats all my ideas for moment. I will come back and finish the list later.

DA, I found both Teutoburger and Teutoberger Wald as the name given to it, but now I indeed noticed that Teuteburger is also used; though I only found it associated with the modern day area, not with the German battle. The general name given to the battle in English seems to be Teutoburger (for example the standardwork A guide to the battlefields of Europe does so); as Teuteburger Wald appeared in none of my English sources and in only a few German sources (apart from the modern day place name) I chose not to use it. Three different possible names, and only one battle :) Complicated :)

Ask Paal101... he's read the opening sequence. Blockbuster, isn't it Paal? :balrog:

Absolutely!!! Amazing script a lot of emotion and power, especially in the death scene :banned: IMHO it stands a great chance of getting picked up by a studio! Unfortunately I'm not on the board of New Line :)

Another movie that I would love to make would be a really awesome sci-fi flick with lots of cool aliens and blowing big stuff up :)

Heh, do a Silmarillion movie just to make some purists mad.

-actually play the music of the ainur

-show Eru as an old man

-make all the men wear short skirts like in some on John Howe's (I think) work

-Make the lamps of the Valar huge lamps

-Make Ungoliant like bite down the trees instead of poisen them to add some action

Can't think of anymore ideas at the moment...