Player don't want lose rating against very low rated players ==> They cheat

seeh

I never finished a game for the intent that it couldn't be rated.

But it happened to me twice today. Against players who had a 10 to 15% higher rating than me ( Example: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/35314-ratings-disputes-and-offence-reporting/?do=findComment&comment=418605    )    .     Then one of them even won that without my presence. Don't know that this is possible.   
I don't feel now like starting rated games anymore. I know many have made a new account. I don't really think that's a good perspective. Somehow it should work differently. And if a new account then I lose my account - name and I don't want that. I think that (I've read elsewhere) got the better of it. Occurs more often.

I have reported the cases in great detail here in the forum. But does that help?

Edited by seeh

• seeh changed the title to Player don't want lose rating against very low rated players ==> They cheat

I have ideas.
I think the easiest way to implement it would be to give everyone rating points as a deposit at the start of the game. If you end it correctly, you get it back.
-------------
What should or is correct is probably already defined.

Perhaps in a future version (Alpaha 0.25) it would be useful to be able to configure this yourself.

For example,
- no problem in the first few minutes or
- if you have much better resources (then it was probably not an intent).
- Or when the connection between partners has been bad all along.

Edited by seeh

Not a bad idea. We could also assume that if a player drops for long enough, you've won, but that requires code.

Long-term, I think we'll need several lobby rooms with 'confidence ratings' for players, and once you've proven you're not a cheater you can enter. Need to make sure new players don't have too bad an experience though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wraitii said:

Not a bad idea. We could also assume that if a player drops for long enough, you've won, but that requires code.

Long-term, I think we'll need several lobby rooms with 'confidence ratings' for players, and once you've proven you're not a cheater you can enter. Need to make sure new players don't have too bad an experience though.

Yes, beginners just close the client (the program). `i dont want loose (so many rating points, i dont like it ==> Ctrl+F4`. Then the 10 or 20 point deposit is gone. And should of course (in full or in part) be credited to the person who has the frustration and has made the well-intentioned effort. I hope we can find a quick and easy fix very soon.

Edited by seeh