Cost of Slingers

At the moment slingers cost 100 resources.  This is a bit odd when compared to archers and skirmishers, both of which cost 80 as far as I am aware.  I'm not meaning to sound hypercritical or anything, but the inconsistency does seem odd.  Slingers historically would have been one of the most inexpensive troops to equip in some cases, and if there was to be some way of making them harder to mass, I would find increasing the training time to be the better approach.  Would someone be able to explain why this choice was made?

Slinger has the advantage of having crush damage that can be good against buildings and siege units. I am also in favor of being a low cost troop, but you only analyzed the combat part, but what would be the economic impact of a unit costing 20% less at the beginning of the game? 

1 hour ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

At the moment slingers cost 100 resources.  This is a bit odd when compared to archers and skirmishers, both of which cost 80 as far as I am aware.

You must be aware wrong, because they all lost 100 resources :P 50F50W for archer/Jav and 50F/30W/20S for slingers.

10 minutes ago, wraitii said:

You must be aware wrong, because they all lost 100 resources :P 50F50W for archer/Jav and 50F/30W/20S for slingers.

Okay.  I was looking at Athens for reference and guess what they have for skirmishers... and archers.  I'm glad for the clarification but annoyed by my lack of thoroughness in analysing the costs.