Password recovery after switching to A24

ColinMcRae

I forgot mine around 2 minutes after choosing it. But if you have the old user.cfg file, you can try this...

I simply copy/paste the following lines from the old user.cfg file to the new one after each new installation:

lobby.login = "faction02"
lobby.password = "..."

For Windows, you will find the file in .../AppData/Roaming/0ad/config.

Each line is in alphabetic order.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as ColinMcrae, having installed from snap. I did as instructed in the GameDataPaths thingie and got my password hash from the user config file but im not able to login by entering the hash as password in the lobby login.

Ive been trying to reach user1 in lobby multiple times on multiple days but they seem to be always Away

Now that there is balance maps again it would be great to get my main acc back =)

1 hour ago, axi said:

got my password hash from the user config file but im not able to login by entering the hash as password in the lobby login.

I usually simply copy the two lines from the old file to the new user.cfg file, I don't use the hash directly when logging to the lobby. I have done this many times with windows when I try to clean out all changes related to mod, it works. I had to fix some additional TLS errors too when I tried this after changing computer, but that would just require an additional step.

Maybe if you can remember passwords, it might be just easier for you to ask you a new one.  ;) 

Edited by faction02
The sentence about my hash usage was confusing

15 hours ago, Angen said:

@axi,

you cant just enter the hash from config file into the logging screen.
You need to copy paste it from old config file to the new one

Heh of course... I feel a bit stupid now.

But now I have the exact same problem as @ColinMcRae not being able to locate the new user.cfg for the snap installation. I dont really understand how snap works but it doesnt use the same normal OS config directories...

Edited by axi