Alpha 24 Tier Lists.

PrinceOfParma

That's why we don't have siege in military camps now, Romans soldiers became retards and cannot construct it XD.

On 25/02/2021 at 8:09 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

zmrd12s6xij61.png?width=640&height=650&c

That's why we don't have siege in military camps now, Romans soldiers became retards and cannot construct it XD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/02/2021 at 9:54 AM, Player of 0AD said:

Why the Seleucids in S-tier?
Why the Celtics in D-tier? They are still the Celtics ; )

Seleucids have Asian elephants as well as all the necessary infantry as well as their awesome cataphracts. Spearmen now do decent damage to rams so they have early ram defence. Since the whole game is slower now their mediocre boom is no longer a drawback.

Celtics are now weak because slings are nerfed and they don't have cata, bolt or crossbow compared to Seleucids. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/02/2021 at 5:36 AM, PrinceOfParma said:

1988451673_ScreenShot2021-02-24at10_21_36PM.thumb.png.f9c7700135dc8b08fe979000337d393b.png

Any thoughts on this one?  Or do you have your own?  

Disclaimer, this is meant to represent a post-20 minute battle.

I think Athenians and Spartans should be moved up a bit, because Spartans can spam out mass skirmisher + Skiritai which is still very deadly in decent numbers. Athenians have cheap champion archers and sword cavalry for defence as well as cata + ram. Slings have been nerfed but you can always go for mass spearmen backed up by archers and catapults. 

Also this looks like the exact opposite of Valihrant's rankings back in A23 :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, borg- said:

At this point I do not venture to say which ones are better or worse. So far I have been able to make good games with all of them.

That's exactly what is good about current balance.  Core units (archers/skrim/slingers) are usable.  I think skrim/slingers need to be looking into to increase dmg, possibly.  But either way the good thing about a24, imo, is that all civs, on the basics, are usable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 02/03/2021 at 9:47 PM, Yekaterina said:

Seleucids have Asian elephants as well as all the necessary infantry as well as their awesome cataphracts. Spearmen now do decent damage to rams so they have early ram defence. Since the whole game is slower now their mediocre boom is no longer a drawback.

Celtics are now weak because slings are nerfed and they don't have cata, bolt or crossbow compared to Seleucids. 

I'm not so convinced
- Why do spearmen do now more damage against rams? Not good for the Seleus that now every civ can make rams in siege workshops
- Seleus don't have bolts or crossbows