Mod selection

av93

On 22/02/2021 at 1:56 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I do think the mod selection screen is a little... open source. Meaning, unintuitive. 

First, in a UI more option sometimes doesn't mean better, you get lost. Keep it Simple (KIS) it's a good rule always.

In the case of Mod selection screen, I think that there's room for improvement:

- What is the use of "Negate" button?

- Enable/Disable it's redundant with the double click. It can lead confusion with the Start mod button. I would delete this button.

- If I press Start mod, the game should restart and then all the mods that I activated should be listed on "Activated mods" right?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, av93 said:

- If I press Start mod, the game should restart and then all the mods that I activated should be listed on "Activated mods" right?

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D3592

Currently they are activated but not displayed in activated because there is now displayed what is saved in config 

Enable/Disable it's redundant with the double click. It can lead confusion with the Start mod button. I would delete this button.

maybe just move them between two mod sections and change to up/down arrows? not sure if removing them would not create confusion how to actually enable mods before finding out about double click 

What is the use of "Negate" button?

you negate result of filter

4 hours ago, Angen said:

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D3592

Currently they are activated but not displayed in activated because there is now displayed what is saved in config 

Then, the patch should grey incompatible mods and show what mods are active, right?

4 hours ago, Angen said:

maybe just move them between two mod sections and change to up/down arrows? not sure if removing them would not create confusion how to actually enable mods before finding out about double click

Up/down arrows could be a solution. The best sometimes is take inspiration on how others find solutions. Total War does it in a clear way

mods.thumb.png.5ea20619e34c57107924d84deb60ec37.png

• Like 1