RANKED TG

nizam-i_cedid

hi guys (sa) first of all sory for my english . ı make mistakes 

guys ı think team maches should be ranking . like cs go or leage of legends  because some people dont care tg ,when they are lose the game  they are closing game and we stay 4 v3 

or some people have high rate and never play 1 v1  so ı wish ranking team game 

what do you think about this topic guys

• Like 3

I like the idea, but consider issues like crash/internet problems of a player could affect all other teammembers, you can play op but still lose rating. If you evaluate personal play on the other hand you encourage ego strats. So tg  could be ranked, but all would have to agree. Also team making when rated could take forever to get all to agree. However also an issue is, that if you only evaluate win/loss and games are well balanced, you can be the player carrying the team all the time but your win rate is 50% so u have still nub rating. Combining rating personal performance and team win would also be somewhat complex to implement, especially in a way so it will really reflect impact, for example op rush but dealy of eco and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also like the idea, especially if it could be used to design some "auto-balance" function.

A rating system would provide some improvements but as mentionned by MarcusAurelius, it seems indeed not straightforward to implement.  

I would be very curious to know if the kind of rating system you mentioned as example nizam-i_cedid is very accurate? For example, If you were to compare the 1vs1 rating as benchmark with the multiplayer rating of someone active in both types of game, would they be very different?

I remember reading some posts about this topic if that can be of interest, but I don't know what happen to this idea.

I've seen TG ranking working well (enough) for autobalance (not in 0ad). The small community issues are still present but with a bigger amount of tgs in 0ad i'd expect it to work better.

Granted it uses trueskill but I wonder if ELO has something similar. Anyways, since the lobby implementation is separate from the main game it should be straightforward to implement without having to wait for a new release. It would improve Quality-of-Life considerably imo.

• Like 1

I think that a TG cooldown is the solution to laggy TGs and 4v3 scenarios. I agree that having somewhat decent teammates and no lag in my games would double my gameplay happiness.

I agree that it'd be nice to have both solo rank and TG rank for better TG balance. However, I think Marcus, Sequani, and Causative are making rankings overly complicated. Using certain stats just favors a TG playstyle and might not mean actually winning the game. If a person wins a TG by feeding resources to another player for an early p3 then why should he be rated lower than someone with a good KD or building capture rate. If people are serious about TG, all that matters is whether you win or not. If the only reason to do the ranking this way is because it would better identify who's "carrying" then we wont get the best players we'll just get the most selfish. If people say that straight wins/losses adjusted for enemy team elo might cause people to use boring strategies, it's the duty of the balance team to encourage players to get kills and have fun (not some over-complicated abusable ranking system).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I didn't see this thread before posting mine. Briefly, IMHO having a multiplayer ranking system would make it easier for newbie to enjoy the lobby and would make the online player's community grow faster. There is no downside of implementing a system that is not precise for a limited time (some months) and understand how to improve it.

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/37957-ratings-for-multiplayer-games/

I think that only win/lose information should be used, otherwise some player would play just for their own target statistics and not for the team.

• Like 1

Thank you Stan (I'm really glad you are back)! I would really like to have the skills to implement it… actually being server side I don't even know if it would be technically possible. I hope it is helpful for devs to have some players feedback on what's missing: my contribution to the project can't be much more than bug reporting and request for features

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 7:16 PM, kangz said:

There could be two seperate ranks ? One for 1v1 and one for TG ? But I also agree TG ranking should use more than win/loss to get established, like the KD; eco and so on... or we need a OP AI to analyze the game ^^

nop wtf

just avoid people leaver or lager but no rule plz 

Edited by Dakara