New Release: 0 A.D. Alpha 24: Xšayāršā

Stan`

Fascinating. I didn't even know they'd launch it today! Anyway, I'm sad that I won't be able to dance anymore... But I'll make sure to learn this whole new thing fast. I'm sure those graphics and the new in-game improvements won't dissapoint me.

The only thing I need to point is that using Torrent as the only way to acquire 0AD for Windows is really frustating... Since it doesn't give you any folders, but a whole compiled .exe program instead. It might become annoying in the future for installing mods maybe, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Anyway, I haven't even launched the game yet, so let me test it, and hopefully start crushing some noobs soon! :)

20 hours ago, Stan` said:

As usual, for the next alpha, we welcome fan suggestions for words relating to the ancient world beginning with the letter Y. Keep it original and related to the time frame portrayed in 0 A.D. (c. 500 BC – 1 BC). Post your proposal here !  

The link doesn't work, nor does it in https://play0ad.com/new-release-0-a-d-alpha-24-xsayarsa/#more-4707

Why has rating reset in a24? It only shows the 2 1v1s I played in a24 and none of the previous 60 I played in a23. I saw quite a few people with their rating reset but at the same time a lot of people didn't have their rating affected at all. Why is this?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, facts said:

Why has rating reset in a24? It only shows the 2 1v1s I played in a24 and none of the previous 60 I played in a23. I saw quite a few people with their rating reset but at the same time a lot of people didn't have their rating affected at all. Why is this?

Ratings have not been migrated yet. The ratings you see now are the ratings from the start of a23

• Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 4:50 PM, Stan` said:

Wildfire Games, an international group of volunteer game developers, proudly announces the release of 0 A.D. Alpha 24: “Xšayāršā” (pronounced: Khsha-ya-ṛsha), the twenty-fourth alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source real-time strategy game of ancient warfare. The release is named after Xerxes the Great, ruler of the  Achaemenid Empire from 485 to 465 BC.

Actually I'm not entirely sure how helpful that pronunciation is to people from different parts of the world. Maybe omit it from the introduction or keep it but add IPA (see name subsection) there too?

Some news coverage

Well, if anyone finds a convenient way to get all the coverage, let me know. I only used Searx and searched for external links.

href:https://play0ad.com/new-release-0-a-d-alpha-24-xsayarsa/

Noteworthy: Wolframalpha  play0ad.com vs ageofempires.com

1060858807_Screenshot2021-02-21at17_58_32.thumb.jpg.cc5ead5064841a0b3338a8be86d41603.jpg

Edited by Langbart
  • Like 3