What Do You Hate About School ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belgium. Yep sure most education systems give everything, but our system works slightly different compared to the others I know fairly well from abroad (French and Dutch). You have to make a choice of which area you're going to study for, as with most systems. But if you take for example a science area you'll still get a lot of languages, same for the language areas. I did maths-latin but I also had philosophy, history, geography, dutch, english, french, chemics, physics, biology, sports and computer science, for 6 years non stop. My gf did languages-latin and had latin, dutch, german, french, english, spanish, maths, physics, chemics, biology, history, geography, computer science, sports and ethics. The difference with me though was that I had 6 hours of maths a week and she only 2, same for the science stuff.

In France or The Netherlands when you choose a certain area you'll see a lot of stuff related to that subject but nothing much of the other things, except maybe for a few years. I don't know how the American system is though, but from a girl who was in my class who did her sixth year of highschool there I heard it was more of a sleeping year instead of a study year :brow:

Yes, indeed Black op.

Here in the U.S.A you MUST take a certain number on years to pass high school.

Like Black op said. For me its 4 years history, math, science, English. (Not listing all of them :brow: just as an example)

The school I go to only requires 2 years of Foreign Language. I am on my 4th year of Spanish I plan to take one more year. During that time I also plan on going to Germany to learn German. So that when I graduate I will know 4 languages!! :P ( English, Arabic, Spanish, and German)

Cool huh? :P After high school when I go to a university THEY have requirements also!

I started today, again.

I hate my Animal Physiology teacher soooo much, she goes so fast that we call her (in Spanish) "motorín" which means "little motor", she goes at incredible speed! I copy about 3 full pages in her 50 min class, which is a lot.

Oh, did I forget that she is scary ugly, too? :brow:

• 2 weeks later...

Definately. Except I learn what I'm interested in right off the bat normally, and that just sticks. The rest doesn't ever get inside my head though :D

I think the entire concept of grades makes it less of a goal to learn for life. I don't mean that grades should just be taken away, but I'm saying that they actually harm learning in a way as well.

HAHA! I dont have to get up until 10, all my classes are in the afternoon. College Rocks. :P The only thing i dont like about in college is CHEMISTRY it is very EVIL. I just want to destroy every chemistry class. :( It is good being at college becuase you get to party alot(that is if you want to) :( . BUT OF COURSE I DONT :(. Plus i get to be away from my parents but still get to spend their money. YAY! :(