Roman Rams vs other civs's rams

facts

I was browsing through the structure tree and I noticed something weird and didn't quite understand why it was that way
Roman Rams require 350 wood 200 metal and do 180 crush damage
whereas every other civ with access to rams , while costing the same ( 350 w 200 m) does only 150 crush damage
Every other stat including health , attack rate, movement speed , train time ,etc was same

This seemed a bit imbalanced or maybe I am just missing something .
Could someone shed some light?
Cheers!

Not just Roman rams, also those of the Persians (and in A24, the Kushites too). Roman artillery is also more powerful (in A24 only the stone-thrower).

While this may seem “a bit imbalanced”, some other factions have civilization bonuses too, e.g. Briton and Gaul structures are built more quickly and Ptolemaic structures cost less wood; those are more significant, since they already make a difference at game start, unlike siege engines inflicting more damage.

That is true, but at the same time Celtic structures are weaker. Ptolemaic structures are weaker and take lots of time to build, skiritai commando are very powerful but poor gathering rates  , have longer train times and require more resources. Roman siege just seems op w/o any negatives to it. And with the existence of entrenched army camps, siege training gets alot easier ( bypassing fortress costs) .

edit: The entrenched army camp is perfectly fine, i am just pointing out that roman siege seems unnecessarily more powerful

Edited by facts

7 minutes ago, facts said:

Roman seige just seems op w/o any negatives to it.

Or Athenians getting +10% metal gather rate per phase advance (i.e. +21% in total in city phase). Or Mauryas and Persians having +10% population cap. No penalties attached either.

5 minutes ago, facts said:

And with the existence of entrenched army camps, seige training gets alot easier ( bypassing fortress costs) .

In A24 siege engines can only be constructed in arsenals. Fortresses can no longer train troops, army camps only advanced infantry.

• Like 1