10 hours ago, Grapjas said:

Spy tech rework. All enemy unit and structure info is now hidden and cannot be inspected when clicked / hovered. When you buy the Espionage tech this information becomes available to you, showing you information like health and ammo when clicking or hovering over enemy / neutral soldiers.

Add it to the main game! trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/SubmittingPatches

Can you hide the civ in the diplomacy overview until the first contact or when espionage has been researched? 

Related ticket:

• #6076 - Enemy civ unknown till first contact (28/Feb/21)

1839132434_Screenshot2021-10-27at03_43_46.thumb.jpg.3541bc7667e8f294e811a4fd79e5647d.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Langbart said:

Add it to the main game! trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/SubmittingPatches

Can you hide the civ in the diplomacy overview until the first contact or when espionage has been researched? 

Related ticket:

• #6076 - Enemy civ unknown till first contact (28/Feb/21)

1839132434_Screenshot2021-10-27at03_43_46.thumb.jpg.3541bc7667e8f294e811a4fd79e5647d.jpg

What if I explored their civic center?

10 hours ago, Micfild said:

I found out that the template_unit_infantry archer seems to have the sword stats of it's horse counterpart

Nice catch, thanks for reporting. 

8 hours ago, Langbart said:

I'll see what i can do. To go even further it would be great if civ choices of players would be hidden in the gamesetup aswell. But that would only work if people could pick civs themselves instead of asking the host.

8 hours ago, Langbart said:

Add it to the main game!

The espionage tech rework still needs some polishing though, because right now the stats are hidden for observers aswell i noticed.

Hi @Grapjas.

I tested you mod for a few games now and i must say it's a very interesting mod. It took a game or two to get the nuances of ranged combat (with the new ammo system), but nothing too difficult.

So far, what i was able to noticed was:

Javelins have aren't viable for long term skirmishes (although they have high damage, their 3 ammo limitation turns them into a worse spearman very quickly, unless they are under a fortress)

The two weapon system is very helpful against siege engines (since ranged units will use their melee weapons instead of ranged ones)

The persian champion chariot is bugged (has no cost besides population, produces very fast, but doesn't attack or do damage)

Great clashes seem to be laggier than the base game (which isn't unexpected considering that it has to deal with charge and ammo now)

Loved the changes to the priest and the addition of the healing camp. I find it weird, though, that it can't be built on owned territory).

It seems that you removed certain techs from the game (the archery tech in the arsenal that reduces spread, hoplite tradition and woots/toledo steel)

===========

That's it for now. If i find anything else, i'll let you know. Overall, nice mod!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Micfild, first of all, i much appreciate you for testing and checking out the mod and providing feedback.

12 hours ago, Micfild said:

Javelins have aren't viable for long term skirmishes

There is a new unit at the fort called 'ammo cart', which is a mobile re-arm unit (that can also somewhat defend itself).

The two weapon system is very helpful against siege engines

I think you meant this positively(?), but i'd still like to point out that rams and also elephants dont cost metal anymore, just alot of food/wood. (and elephants are not really a siege unit anymore, more like a shock unit)

The persian champion chariot is bugged

I'll sort that out next update, thanks for reporting!

Loved the changes to the priest and the addition of the healing camp. I find it weird, though, that it can't be built on owned territory).

Yes i did it more for balancing sake i guess, but i can see how that is offputting. I'll reconsider it.

It seems that you removed certain techs from the game

Some are intentional, like defense techs. But the archery/hoplite tradition aren't intentional, thanks for reporting.

Edited by Grapjas

1 hour ago, Grapjas said:

I think you meant this positively(?)

Yeah, it was a positive remark.

1 hour ago, Grapjas said:

There is a new unit at the fort called 'ammo cart'

I knew about it, but it comes so late that i kind of forgot about it. Thank you, i'll test it out.

• Like 1

Minor patch to bugfixes and feedback mentioned by @Micfild

• All champion chariots were bugged, fixed
  • Hoplite / archery tradition and attack upgrades were accidentally removed, fixed
  • Unit details were hidden from observers aswell, fixed -> the bug remains for resigning players though (unless they had researched the tech before they resigned?). Will be patched. 
  • infantry archers and cavalry archers had the same melee damage and reach, fixed
  • field camps can now also be built inside own territory (experimental)

Updated original download links.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 2

3.1.3 version is out now, updated original download links (zip | pyromod). 

Added mod info buttons in the main menu and the in-game menu, explaining the changes that the mod brings. Mainly useful for people that use the in-game mod downloader because they will never see a read me otherwise.

1067909844_image(5).png.afb0325266a5a43f7e424c7fed6acc84.png    1923098592_image(7).png.f39b11d818730d307a69f1f9e25f8362.png

Spoiler

659781799_image(6).png.16916dfe650dc36606557eb90dc77490.png

On 01/11/2021 at 11:34 AM, Grapjas said:

the bug remains for resigning players though (unless they had researched the tech before they resigned?). Will be patched.

fixed.

Mod credits have been integrated into the main menu credits.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/session.js line 225 deepfreeze requires exactly one object as an argument. GetTemplateData@gui/session/session.js:225:34 setupButton@gui/session/selection_panels.js:959:33 setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:94:35 updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:152:18 updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:527:20 updateGUIObjects@gui/session/session.js:718:2 onSimulationUpdate@gui/session/session.js:668:2 __eventhandler10 (SimulationUpdate)@session SimulationUpdate:1:1

I get this error when I select a castle of Briton civ (other castle and/or other trigger also possible too, idk). When selected, the castle not showing heroes, arrow cart and special tech; instead, the error lines keeps appearing.

• Thanks 1

On 10/02/2022 at 1:30 AM, Unkind98 said:

I get this error when I select a castle of Briton civ (other castle and/or other trigger also possible too, idk). When selected, the castle not showing heroes, arrow cart and special tech; instead, the error lines keeps appearing.

Thanks for reporting, i'll look into it.

• Thanks 1

01.png.4019d8c56e1235104e207d1fc8d9bd68.png

I downloaded the latest version (from mod.io, the latest release on github still not updated) and got this error messages. But everything's fine. I'm not sure what is actually happens.
I played Brits and Cunobelin's issue is no more, as Brits Fortress is working too. Thank you, @Grapjas!

PS: actually, I have tried this too:
   I used the version 3.1.3 (with Cunobelin's issue) and replace hero_cunobelin.xml with the fixed version. And the same error as above also appears. So I think the fix for issue #19 itself makes this error. And honestly, I don't know what the error means, because I don't encounter any bug or any strange thing while playing the game. (At least for now :V)

Edited by Unkind98
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to say good job Grapejuice :-p. I like all these added mechanics especially:

• Ammo
  • Heals
  • Projectile cosmetics
  • Wounded
  • Secondary attacks
  • Charge

The only major problem I have with it is that it lags on my PC :-p. I guess it's all those calculations in the background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...