Alpha 24 SVN Teamgame

MarcusAureliu#s

I lauched a build for the installers, they should be ready in a few hours. https://jenkins.wildfiregames.com/job/macos-all-bundles/66/console (You need to be logged in to see them)

Either I or @wraitii will upload them to more friendly place for you to download afterwards.

A few notes!

- The RCs's version is r24841

- The RC will overwrite the current installed version.
- The RC will use your current config including mods, so make sure to disable everything (fgod, autociv, and badosu's mod are not supported)
- You might get warnings about hotkeys, we redesigned completely the system, so you might have to fix some of them (you may want to backup your config file if your intend to play A23B again

- It goes without saying but even though we are really close to a release, this is an experimental version.

If you want to help more you can also perform those steps

1. Launch a random game
  2. Test your language's translations and fix them on Transifex.
  3. Launch a normal skirmish.
  4. Connect to the lobby
  5. Play on the lobby with someone
  6. Launch Atlas 
  7. See if everything works there.
  8. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) 
  9. Try mods 
  10. If you need any help ping me :)
  11. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu)
  12. Connect to and use mod.io
  13. Test replaying new games
  14. Test Saving and loading a game.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, badosu said:

Got it again: 'This games address "" does not appear to be valid' :-(

I guess SVN does not like me xD.

How does one even get a conflict if one does not change any files? :balrog:

Thankfully git works :-)

Edited by badosu

25 minutes ago, kangz said:

programming genius how do I  install 2 versions?

Ya can't. If you are really determined you can do some stuff, but it's gonna take some patience.

19 hours ago, Stan` said:

A few notes!

- The RCs's version is r24841
- The RC will overwrite the current installed version.
- The RC will use your current config including mods, so make sure to disable everything (fgod, autociv, and badosu's mod are not supported)
- You might get warnings about hotkeys, we redesigned completely the system, so you might have to fix some of them (you may want to backup your config file if your intend to play A23B again

- It goes without saying but even though we are really close to a release, this is an experimental version.

Hi there, I'm sorry but I've encountered a problem with the build on Linux after I svn up'd to the recent version. make clean and rebuilding the workspaces didn't seem to fix it. It says that that enet/enet.h file is missing. I have previously installed libenet and it also built fine like two weeks ago. It seems I won't be able to join for some test playing today.

• Like 1

Well I was thinking about getting the testing version for mac and I realized my computer isn't able to update to run the version since its from 2011. Will the new alpha also only be supported on newer versions of Mac OS?

If so, it looks like breaky will be squinting at a 13 inch macbook pro rather than the giant 27 inch from 2011 lol.