Alpha 24 SVN Teamgame

MarcusAureliu#s

Eae manos,

While the SVN version is already playable,  there have been little to no opportuninities to play a TG. This is due to players not having installed the version, but also to a lack of coordination, which is the issue this thread aims to solve.  So please state here if you are intrested to play a SVN TG and also mention when you might find time to do so.

Get SVN Version:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructionsGettingTheCode

svn co https://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad

Or check on Saturday a few hours ahead , if installer provided for this event is available for a simplified installation process of the correct version.

Update: Should be ready, here Stans Post: , thanks a lot @Stan`

•  
  • Stan`
  • 0 A.D. Art Team
  • 0ad_artist.gif.6c7bd274bd1f739130726295d
  • 12.971 posts

Windows link https://www.mediafire.com/file/impg1nstotftnga/0ad-0.0.24-24841-alpha-win32.exe/file

For Mac:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8sjwsc3vo2s2nph/0ad-0.0.24-24841-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

A few notes!

- The RCs's version is r24841

- The RC will overwrite the current installed version.
- The RC will use your current config including mods, so make sure to disable everything (fgod, autociv, and badosu's mod are not supported)
- You might get warnings about hotkeys, we redesigned completely the system, so you might have to fix some of them (you may want to backup your config file if your intend to play A23B again

- It goes without saying but even though we are really close to a release, this is an experimental version.

If you want to help more you can also perform those steps

1. Launch a random game
  2. Test your language's translations and fix them on Transifex.
  3. Launch a normal skirmish.
  4. Connect to the lobby
  5. Play on the lobby with someone
  6. Launch Atlas 
  7. See if everything works there.
  8. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) 
  9. Try mods 
  10. If you need any help ping me :)
  11. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu)
  12. Connect to and use mod.io
  13. Test replaying new games
  14. Test Saving and loading a game.

@Issh @Lorenz11

@Dakara @Dizaka @yilmazgng

@randomid @SaidRdz @kristian

@Boudica @carthage @ValihrAnt @Feldfeld @borg_ @Stockfish @ffffffff @Pudim @JC (naval supremacist) @PhyZik @Talenters @nani @badosu @YT99 @aixo @BoredRusher @chrstgtr

Edited by MarcusAureliu#s
  • Like 7

You need to specify the revision number completely then it is possible to pull that version from the svn repo so settle on the revision number in advance remember that it will be a moving target and people playing need to be all on the same revision to prevent OOS errors.

Enjoy the Choice :)    

• Thanks 1

@Loki1950 @Stan` @Dizaka i am total IT nub, but i guess the revision number is something that is subject of frequent changes, so i guess i should post that only like 1 day before the game is played, and also, where do i see revision number ? Also lets see if there will be at least 4 people who are willing to play on Saturday 8 CET, when that is clarified i will send a warning.

1 hour ago, MarcusAureliu#s said:

@Loki1950 @Stan` @Dizaka i am total IT nub, but i guess the revision number is something that is subject of frequent changes, so i guess i should post that only like 1 day before the game is played, and also, where do i see revision number ? Also lets see if there will be at least 4 people who are willing to play on Saturday 8 CET, when that is clarified i will send a warning.

Depends on whether you are using git or SVN.  We need at least five hours to make an installer for Mac and windows. The version will always be that of the latest commit on trac.wildfiregames.com when the bundle started being built.

We usually run those a night, european time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, YT99 said:

I'm up for next Saturday, 19 pm UTC. Can even be earlier.

We should also let to know @Boudica, @borg-, @ValihrAnt, berhudar, MarcAurel, @Dunedan, @Talenters and @King_Soly as they all also have a24 as far as I know.

Thanks @MarcusAureliu#s for initiative.

Yes, let them know when u see them online, u dont need to inform MarcAurel though bc thats me lul

14 hours ago, Stan` said:

Depends on whether you are using git or SVN.  We need at least five hours to make an installer for Mac and windows. The version will always be that of the latest commit on trac.wildfiregames.com when the bundle started being built.

We usually run those a night, european time.

Ok, i  will tell you on Friday

Would make sense for the message, but we discussed this on the lobby before (this was the agreed rev) and it didn't seem something a dev would be testing.

(unless my complete incapacity to use SVN was a factor, which is extremely probable)

Edited by badosu