• Ya'uq Arabian god
    • Yaghūth Arabian gods
    • Yahweh Levantine (Canaanite) god
    • Yam Levantine (Canaanite) god
    • Yarhibol Arabian god
    • Yarikh Levantine (Canaanite) god
    • Yatha Arabian god
    • Yaunā, the Old Persian word for Ionians, Macedonians, and Greeks
    • Yavana which was the term used by Mauryas? to designate the Greek.
    • Yggdrasil the tree of life
    • Ynys Môn an island called Anglesey in English,
    • Yona which was the term used by Mauryas? to designate the Greek.
    • Yr Wyddfa, a famous mountain in Wales.
    • Ysbaddaden a giant of Welsh mythology.
    • άκινθος, mostly transcribed Hyacinth
    • Yangtze

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, lechoo said:

perhaps we are talking past each other, my gist was only to imply that the naming discussion seems to revOlve around names which were lingua franca (used)(?) at the tiMe period (during the) the game is set.  the only ImPlication intended by using the word archaic was that of a histoRical entity, Any sense of positive or nEgative judgements attached may be your own addition or projection, as i dont read that into it myself.

imo previous eras had both better and worse qualities, anD i tend to disagree that current life is more divided, At least, to the extent that You are claiming it is unambiguously the case.

Say something that in the first place that is a topic if you want to talk about politics or some contemporary  behavior (of that kind)I think you should open a new topic, Because you're honestly proving my point of view. The next alpha is going to get neither an elephant nor a starfish.

Second, I am not interested in debating or arguing who is right to raise an ego on the internet.

I only tell you based on what my experience tells me about the developers in the game, therefore they will end up taking it suggestions that are in the game. 

And finally this is called off topic and is penalized in this forum.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lechoo said:

its social aggression.  he has been lurking here for like a decade and so he talks as if i cannot post an opinion on a name, "THERE WILL BE NO ELEPHANT OR STARFISH".  what the hell is that?  its not me its him.

whether its insulting me on his part or not, its not right, u don't treat ppl that way.  imo he is insulting me when he marginalizes my presence in so many ways.  follow the herd or think for yourself, choice is yours.  the game is going nowhere and i am offering what i can, i think thE community should take it and not spit on me.

You can.You can dress any opinion you can think of but I am afraid that naming it after an animal is a waste of time.

We are seriously not valid if you were naming your own version of Linux or any OS.

Second Thank you for seeing(lurking) my profile I also found me in the credits of the game.

The only thing I saved you was with a simple word:  no.

From there you got hostile and started attacking what I was discussing with another person who was talking about something else.

33 minutes ago, lechoo said:

its social aggression.  he has been lurking here for like a decade and so he talks as if i cannot post an opinion on a name, "THERE WILL BE NO ELEPHANT OR STARFISH".  what the hell is that?  its not me its him

Look, I'm telling you the reality, they are not going to put a starfish on the next Alpha, what do you want me to tell you to lie to you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lechoo said:

if everyone Wanted starfish, or a fEw ppl even, it could eventually come to consideration, maybe not 25 but maybe 28 or something.  your community has the appearance of being a bit insulated sometimes is all.

Someone once told me the following on this project:

This is not a democracy or a demagoguery.

we will take it into account (lol).

Alpha 28 Starfish o will better Estrella de mar?

Have a good day and feel better.

Love and peace.

37 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

While it has a lot of votes, i don't think Ygdrasil is the best choice.

Since it is something from Norse mythology; and does not have much to do with the game's setting.

I imagined that too but it is still a good name lol My real wish would be an alpha 25 Yangtze :(

Edited by Lopess
alpha 25 :)
  • Like 2

I think Yangtze is a good name, as the river is important to one of the world's ancient civilisations (which still exists). 

Would you think it is more appropriate to adopt YangZi instead as this is the standard Pinyin form? The current Chinese name of the river is ChangJiang (long river). 

There are a few other options to consider:

Yoddha: the OP Mauryan Maceman champion

Yudhpot: the Mauryan name for heavy warship - suggests more focus on the naval aspect of the game as it is currently a bit neglected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We could pay tribute to Age of Empires I and choose 'YAMATO Empire of the Rising Sun' which was one of the included initial campaigns.

Yamato is the name of a Japanese dynasty (approximately 250–710 AD), that was located in Ancient Japan with the capital city at Fujiwara. The Yamato are the ancestors of modern Japanese people and were the first people to unify and conquer all of Japan. In Age of Empires, they are one of the three playable East Asian civilizations and make an excellent offensive civilization on sea maps. They also have a self-sufficient economy giving them a slight edge in the beginning of the game. The equivalent civilization is known as Japanese in both Age of Empires II and Age of Empires III.

Yamato | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

No need to pay tribute to Age of Empires, 0AD > AoE, so it's more like AoE needs to pay tribute to 0AD. 

especially IV.

It has several thousand palisades and berry bush similar to the old model.

Your Mongols could be similar to that of Empires Apart or our Xiongnu.

We had the idea of using our cavalry to hunt.

The scale of our game is better.

sacrificing immersion in a history RTS game is a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2021 at 8:23 PM, Yekaterina said:

I think Yangtze is a good name, as the river is important to one of the world's ancient civilisations (which still exists). 

Would you think it is more appropriate to adopt YangZi instead as this is the standard Pinyin form? The current Chinese name of the river is ChangJiang (long river). 

If we chose Yangtze (or YangZi), I could include the ChangJiang map from Delenda Est into the maps update.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Smithsonian said:

I like Yaunā

Yaunā  sounds ok for me.

55 minutes ago, Smithsonian said:

Not a fan of Yggdrasil the tree of life (A) it doesnt sound very nice and (B) its irrelevant to the game 0ad.

I don't mind the sound of Yggdrasil, but it seems to me a bit a fantasy cliche.

I'm waiting for the a25 RC to have a look at it; if it doesn't have connections to Norse mythology or Eastern civs I'm not in favor of names relating to those. And I'm not in favor of names relating to current religions like Yeshua or Y'Allah.

But I also don't know if this is a democracy or what's the deal with the closed poll...