~3rd Orion Awards~

Well, it's December 17, 13 days to New Years... So I will begin my 3rd Orion Awards ceremony/show. How will this work?

All Forumers are welcome and encouraged to participate. You vote and votes will be known only to you and me and I promise I won't tell anyone. I'm going to give it until New Years before I put together the Orion Nomination List. So, for those who don't know what Orion Awards are they are like the oscars but based on majority rather than critics.

As a forumer who wants to participate you must only do one of the following (numbers represent which ones I would prefer to be tried first):

1. Send an e-mail to pshshmac@hutchtel.net or elfthehunter@tla.wildfiregames.com or elfthehunter@yahoo.com

2. PM me using the forums

3. Reply to this topic with your votes

If you send an e-mail, include your name (forum name) and in subject put Orion Awards.

Each forumer can name up to 3 nominees for each catagory but don't have to nominate all, just not more than 3 to a catagory. All movies and games can be voted on, of all times, as long as it has not won an Orion Award before (none have since until now Orion Awards were for AoK Scenarios). Don't base your votes on comments and reviews, but on your own preference.

Here's a list of catagories for movies:

BEST MUSIC IN A MOVIE

BEST PROPS IN A MOVIE

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS IN A MOVIE

BEST STORYLINE IN A MOVIE

BEST CHARACTER IN A MOVIE

1ST BEST ACTOR (female or male)

2ND BEST ACTOR (female or male)

3RD BEST ACTOR (female or male)

BEST DIRECTOR

BEST ANIMATED MOVIE

BEST COMEDY MOVIE

BEST SCI-FI MOVIE

BEST ACTION MOVIE

BEST DRAMA MOVIE

BEST FILM

And here's the game catagories:

BEST CINEMATICS IN A GAME

MOST ADDICTING GAME

BEST GRAPHICS IN A GAME

BEST MOD FOR A GAME

BEST STORY IN A GAME

BEST AI IN A GAME

BEST MULTIPLAYER IN A GAME

BEST EXPANSION TO A GAME

BEST MMO GAME (massive multiplayer online)

BEST STRATEGY GAME

BEST RPG GAME

BEST FPS GAME

BEST RACING GAME

BEST SPORTS GAME

BEST FIGHTING GAME

BEST XBOX GAME

BEST GAMECUBE GAME

BEST PLAYSTATION 2 GAME

BEST GAME

If you think a catagory is missing, request that it be added and I will consider adding it. Anyway, let's see if WFG community will like it as much as AoK HG's did :P

elf

Hey try and get 100 people to nominate votes. If their not due any time soon, we should start a campaign to see how many we can get in a short time.

It could almost be like an exercise for when it comes time to spread 0AD or TLA.

We all put it on our sigs in other forums, make a website dedicated to it- link to that website, tell people, link to it from our personal websites...

It could be very interesting to see how many people would vote!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm putting a final Nominating date on Feb 13 (then final winners on 29 to go with Oscar night).

Just to get some more interest, I'll release a preliminary look at the candidates so far:

BEST MUSIC IN A MOVIE Return of the King, Matrix Revolutions, Pirates of the Caribbean

BEST PROPS IN A MOVIE Return of the King

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS IN A MOVIE Return of the King, Matrix Revolutions

BEST STORYLINE IN A MOVIE {The Matrix Trilogy}, {The Lord of the Rings Trilogy}, Open Range

BEST CHARACTER IN A MOVIE Merovingian, {The Matrix}, Neo, {The Matrix}, Gollum, {Lord of the Rings}

1ST BEST ACTOR (female or male) Russell Crowe, Jim Carrey, Sean Penn, Johnny Depp

2ND BEST ACTOR (female or male) Billy-Bob Thorton, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen

3RD BEST ACTOR (female or male) Halle Berry, Andy Serkis, Sean Astin

BEST DIRECTOR {Wachowski Brothers}, Peter Jackson

BEST ANIMATED MOVIE South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, Finding Nemo

BEST COMEDY MOVIE Bad Santa, Liar Liar, Clerks, Bruce Almighty

BEST SCI-FI MOVIE The Matrix Revolutions, Gothika, The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded

BEST ACTION MOVIE The Return of the King, The Matrix Reloaded

BEST DRAMA MOVIE The Return of the King, Open Range

BEST FILM The Matrix Revolutions, The Return of the King, The Fellowship of the Ring, Pirates of the Caribbean

~Games~

BEST CINEMATICS IN A GAME Final Fantasy X, WarCraft III

MOST ADDICTING GAME Victoria, EverQuest, PlanetSide

BEST GRAPHICS IN A GAME Empires: DotMW, Final Fantasy X-2

BEST MOD FOR A GAME Battle Group 42, Battlefield 1942, Rome at War, Age of Empires

BEST STORY IN A GAME

BEST AI IN A GAME Halo: Combat Evolved

BEST MULTIPLAYER IN A GAME Madden 2004, Halo: Combat Evolved, Battlefield 1942

BEST EXPANSION TO A GAME WarCraft III: Frozen Throne, Medal of Honor: Breakthrough

BEST MMO GAME (massive multiplayer online) Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest

BEST STRATEGY GAME WarCraft III, Command & Conquer : Generals, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings

BEST RPG GAME Final Fantasy X-2, Dungeon Siege, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

BEST FPS GAME Medal of Honor Breakthrough, Call of Duty, Halo: Combat Evolved

BEST RACING GAME Mario Kart: Double Dash, Need for Speed Underground

BEST SPORTS GAME Madden 2004, Top Spin

BEST FIGHTING GAME Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Soul Calibur II

BEST XBOX GAME Halo: Combat Evolved, Splinter Cell

BEST GAMECUBE GAME Mario Kart: Double Dash, Viewtiful Joe

BEST PLAYSTATION 2 GAME Medal of Honor Rising Sun, Grand Theft Auto III: Vice City

BEST GAME {Grand Theft Auto III}, Halo: Combat Evolved

Now, please keep in mind this is not best movie of 2003 or best recent movie, it's best movie... that has been made so if you think some movie is missing, read what to do at the top of the page. And even if you voted, feel free to vote again as nominations doen't matter as much (just vote for new nominees, because it's pointless to vote for those who are already listed).