Saddam Captured!

Hmm, I think this might be more symbolic than anything else.

It had to be done, but President Bush is wrong in saying that Saddam's policies were a direct threat to the USA.

I think we're worse off now than we were before the war personally, but I think that can change eventually. If they do a good job of interrogating him, maybe they will turn up something useful concerning WMDs.

And I heard Rev. Al Sharpton say something ridiculous on this when I was watching CNN earlier. He said that if we interrogate Hussein and he leads us to mass destruction, it doesn't justify the reasons the USA went to war.

First of all, if there are weapons of mass destruction found and proven by Hussein himself, then the administration could NOT have been lying.

Sharpton said that the administration said that it went to Iraq because it "knew" it had weapons of mass destruction, and that by "ascertaining" information on weapons of mass destruction, the administration is still not vindicated, because it would have interrogated saddam post facto.

This is garbage to me. If the US interrogates Saddam, it's interrogating to PROVE its previous "conjectures", not create new conjectures. While I agree that going to war based on conjectures is not a good policy, if that conjecture turns out to be proven, what does it matter that it was conjecture at the time? I'm only being realistic here. There was a threat that the administration saw, and if interrogating Saddam Hussein leads to proof of that threat, then I'd say the war was vindicated.

I think Sharpton's just a bit in disbelief that his whole position could come crumbling down :P

If anything this capture will do more for American politics than Iraqi politics :P I mean, the racial tension is not going to miraculously alleviate and then all the Iraqis will hold a giant pen and sign a pristine document. There is still going to be violence, and there is still going to be tension, because some people still cling power, and others crave it.

Well, who thought yesterday that we'd be having this conversation today? We could capture Osama tomorrow. It probably won't happen tomorrow, but that's how these things go.

BTW - was that army doctor looking for lice or Weapons of Mass Destruction in that beard? :P

DOCTOR (searching through Saddam's beard): Keys? Check. Loose change. Check. Lice. Check. Weapons of Mass Destruction. Negative. Open your mouth so I can look for chemical or biological weapons.

No wonder the doctor was wearing latex gloves! Saddam's breath alone was probably a WMD. :P

This is a thing I was just inspired to write :P tell me if the facts are wrong :P

There was dictature with no mercy. Or so it seemed like.

The leader was charismatic and tolerant. Or so he claimed to be.

But then people died for undisclosed reasons.

And others started fearing for their lives.

And people started dissapearing never to be seen again.

Then the world started wondering.

There was a war, the Gulf war. It ended by their retreat, back into the country.

But no one thought about removing that power that crept in the shadows.

Then a few years ago, towers collapsed, powerful people were suddenly afraid, that what was happening to others in middle East could happen to them.

And so they started a war, a war on terror.

Many were killed, and some made prisonner.

But the chief escaped and we turned to another target.

He was the same as in 1991, he still seemed great and powerful and feared.

But coalition did win at the price of many losses

And now this man has been captured after a few months have passed.

Now we don't know what will happen only time will tell.

But hope is renewed in the hearts and the fight is still on.

Fight so the children can continue to live free.