Rating our TOP PLAYERS

Stockfish

On 1/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, Boudica said:

I suppose it's just a Google Translate plugin. It probably has little to do with the forum system itself.

The thing is that it gets traduced without me wanting it, and when i awnser your message, it becomes to spanish hahah

Edited by Stockfish
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/01/2021 at 6:59 PM, JC (naval supremacist) said:

gold : 3 players  - top3   - Feld , borgus, Val

silver : 7 players  - top10  - JC, Fish, Schweinpriest, decger, physic, fpre , bodusa

bronze : 20 players - top30 - chrstgtr, Boudica, Wendy, Havran, Ricsand, berhudar,  dakeyras, Obry, faction02, ElDragon, eskro,  phoenixdesk, Rorrosaar, SaidRdz, Rauls, roscany, Carthage, xtreme022, Obi, Rollo

ceramic : 70 players - top100 -       ....

JC, you have to update your list.
Considering main foundation of your list, which is (what you always repeat) that player in any rank cannot win (in 1v1) with player ranked 2 or more levels higher, one of above players should be promoted at least to a silver league/rank.
Here you have a certificate of his skills: 0ad skills certificate

2 hours ago, YT99 said:

JC, you have to update your list.
Considering main foundation of your list, which is (what you always repeat) that player in any rank cannot win (in 1v1) with player ranked 2 or more levels higher, one of above players should be promoted at least to a silver league/rank.
Here you have a certificate of his skills: 0ad skills certificate

This game cannot be used as a comparative because I clearly troll (unranked) with second cc and no economy upgrades all game. I'm not trying to take the merits of the opponent who made a great game anyway. 

Silver can win gold players but is very very hard. Last 30 games me vs stock, win ALL for example, and for sure stock is a better silver player.

On 31/01/2021 at 1:48 PM, YT99 said:

On 31/01/2021 at 4:05 PM, borg- said:

This game cannot be used as a comparative because I clearly troll (unranked) with second cc and no economy upgrades all game. I'm not trying to take the merits of the opponent who made a great game anyway. 

Silver can win gold players but is very very hard. Last 30 games me vs stock, win ALL for example, and for sure stock is a better silver player.

i saw the replay and borgus played like he was playing vs a Ceramic (trolling). But berhudar is bronze and surprised borgus. Also,  there's a bit too few seats in silver bracket - only 7, i dont see one of those players leaving his seat for Berhudar for now)

I think that a Silver championship should be organized to see if any bronze/silver should  upgrade/downgrade.  I see no silver players challenging the top3 for the moment.

Berhudar has improved considerably though, you can replace me with him anytime, even when I was at my best...

12 hours ago, sarcoma said:

staratt smurf for ...? vercin? liberty? butcher?

I truly believe StarAtt was not a smurf.

People like to attribute smurf when they can't believe someone is able to translate skills from one RTS to another. The truth is that in niche communities like ours, apart from players you can count on one hand, the level of competitiveness is very low.

I've seen the same on another RTS I started playing recently with similar characteristics to 0ad community, I was able to pick it up really fast and soon enough I was able to identify the top player(s) and how competitive they are (compared to mainstream 'Pro' as in truly professional gamers).

You can pick any RTS veteran motivated enough to put some effort in 0ad and soon enough you will see them beating top 10 players consistently in matter of a couple months (being generous).

People who cry smurf at the wind have some reason, people indeed smurf and it's easy to identify a player by their style after a few games. The lack of sensitivity when it's obvious the player is not a smurf however, reflects ignorance of their lack of skill compared to the general RTS populace (apart from being downright rude af).

There might be some cognitive dissonance derived from the fact they play the game for years and can be nowhere close as good no matter how much they try (it's always the same playstyle, never learning from mistaeks) but consider themselves at top level gameplay .

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/01/2021 at 6:59 PM, JC (naval supremacist) said:

gold : 3 players  - top3   - Feld , borgus, Val

silver : 7 players  - top10  - JC, Fish, Schweinpriest, decger, physic, fpre , bodusa

bronze : 20 players - top30 - chrstgtr, Boudica, Wendy, Havran, Ricsand, berhudar,  dakeyras, Obry, faction02, ElDragon, eskro,  phoenixdesk, Rorrosaar, SaidRdz, Rauls, roscany, Carthage, xtreme022, Obi, Rollo

ceramic : 70 players - top100 -       ....

Ceramic Emperior, Darkcity, Camelius, Dakara, Edwarf, nani, superPosition, randomid ... 

Ceramic op

Edited by Edwarf
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Staratt def not smurf i played him several times from him being new to more experienced and he clearly improved. when he was newer he was making rudimentary mistakes, very high level in some areas while very lowe level in others.

anyway where do i stand/used to when i played? forgotten so easily... even after wasting time writing so much @#$% on here 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk if someone can be interested in this, but here is my personal ranking (very few players) of the players that particularly impressed me in the past 3 months (from july 2021 to october 2021).   

1. Valihrant
  2. vinme, Feldfeld, Lorenz11
  3. chrstgtr, Berhudar, borg-
  4. Letswaveabook, dakeyras
Edited by Jofursloft

• 4 weeks later...

image.png.ccd6a7cfeabfd0a0a80641e58742caea.png

This is Dota 2 player's skills system.

I would like to have some system like this. With more or less and different categories. Not necesary this star-like graph. It can be just numbers. Also, the "20 last games" period of time gives the more actual players skills.

Rating points in 1v1 maybe is enough, but in the case of TG I agree is better to have multiples categories to look at to know more accurate how good is some player

On 28/09/2021 at 1:53 PM, Jofursloft said:

Idk if someone can be interested in this, but here is my personal ranking (very few players) of the players that particularly impressed me in the past 3 months (from july 2021 to october 2021).   

1. Valihrant
  3. chrstgtr, Berhudar, borg-

I'd like to add Langbart- in the podium

1. Valihrant
  3. chrstgtr, Berhudar, borg-, Langbart-
Edited by guerringuerrin

On 23/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

I don't know where u used to stand in A23 and we did not play a lot of games in A24 together. But according to the leaderboard, you are with a respectable rating of 1905 just a single point behind me ;)

check again :D

• Haha 1