New Scenario map: Conquest of Britain

Nullus

Hi, I just started working on maps recently, this is the first one I've completed. I would welcome any advice or tips for improvement. I packaged it as a mod to make it easier to distribute.

It's a map of a British forest under invasion by Romans. Roman invaders have built a colony along the banks of a river. Two Celtic tribes live in villages in the forest. One tribe is allied with the Romans, the other is unallied. The player is a third Celtic tribe which is encamped in a hillfort. The Romans are heavily fortified against attack, but will be forced to expand into vulnerable territory to gain resources. Across the river there is a crannoc controlled by Gaia and defended by Gaia warriors. If the player can capture this, it will allow him to easily launch attacks against the port of the Roman city.

map_Conquest_of_Britain.zip

Edited by Nullus
Lost image hosting
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Nullus said:

Hi, I just started working on maps recently, this is the first one I've completed. I would welcome any advice or tips for improvement. I packaged it as a mod to make it easier to distribute.

Hi,

And welcome to the forums! Nice to have more mapmakers around. I would suggest for you to use more texture variation in your map to try to kill the repetitive grass pattern :)

Also you might want to alternate between tree groves and paths :)

• Thanks 1

Hi, thanks for the advice. For adding texture variation, would using more varieties of grass be a good way to do that? Also, is there a way to set the default rotation for buildings created by a player? I've noticed that buildings constructed by the AI are misaligned with the buildings placed in the scenario.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nullus said:

For adding texture variation, would using more varieties of grass be a good way to do that?

Yeah :) Also forest floor textures and river bank ones :)

1 hour ago, Nullus said:

Also, is there a way to set the default rotation for buildings created by a player? I've noticed that buildings constructed by the AI are misaligned with the buildings placed in the scenario.

Not currently at least. Best thing is to use default rotation in atlas.

• 2 weeks later...