Language bug!

gameboy

@Stan` Today, I tested the latest svn24418, started the game, selected simplified Chinese language, and found that there was no Chinese translation in a place that has been translated well. There was no Chinese translation before.

Learn to play  Chinese translation is  "游戏教程".    It doesn't display Chinese properly.

01218115003.png

Sure the translation hasn't been updated in game. But it should be available to translate at https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/dashboard/. The translation will then appear ingame at the next update. The update script runs every week (friday morning), and in some cases (in particular near releases) we run it manually.

1 minute ago, Angen said:

one is getting changes in svn strings to transifex, that's not visible on svn update (as far as I know) 

It is done at the same time afaik. The translation update also updates the .pot files. Those are the source files of the translation i.e, they contain the english strings which need to be translated. The .pot files are also in svn (as you can see in the commit), and I think they are created and uploaded to transifex from the same script. We also pull the translations from transifex (i.e., get the .po files containing the actual translations) at the same time.

@gameboy, feel free to help translating 0 A.D. at https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/

Currently simplified Chinese (PRC) is at 92.8% and traditional Chinese (ROC) at 80.7%

17 minutes ago, bb_ said:

The update script runs every week (friday morning), and in some cases (in particular near releases) we run it manually.

Doesn't it actually run twice a week, on Monday mornings too?

3 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Doesn't it actually run twice a week, on Monday mornings too?

Hmmm, I see the updates on some other days too indeed. Maybe. Could also have been manual updates/script reloads etc.

5 minutes ago, gameboy said:

But 'Learn To Play' hasn't been updated yet

It HAS been updated ON TRANSIFEX. If someone (which could be you) translates it there, the translation will automaticly be ingame soon.