Idea of technology for teams sharing resources

gui456wSERTDYF

The other day I was thinking in a hypothetical technology (or feature) to develop (or activate) in the market that makes each member in a team to automatically share his resources with the other members that have developed (activated) this technology (feature) too. So for example consider a team of 3 players with the following resources:

• Player 1:
    • Wood = 1000
    • Food = 0
  • Player 2:
    • Wood = 0
    • Food = 1000
  • Player 3:
    • Wood = 1000
    • Food = 1000

When players  1 and 2 develop this technology (or activate this feature) they start sharing their resources so they will both have wood = 1000 and food = 1000, and now they collect and consume from the same stock of resources. If player 3 does not develop this technology then he keeps playing normally. Otherwise the whole team will have access to wood = 2000 and food = 2000.

It is in some sense similar to the "Carthograpy" (the pidgeon that makes you see what your allies see) technology but with resources.

I think this would be interesting in team games, so you don't need to "pause" your playing and send your resources to your partner when they are needed. And if this is kinda feature that you can activate/deactivate (maybe after developing some technology) you can turn it off in case your ally is wasting resources.

What do you think?

Edited by gui456wSERTDYF
Added comparison
  • Like 1

I just wanted to add that this idea is very good, particularly when you're in battle and need to pay attention to the micro etc. I propose another idea too:

In the market, again, there's this new technology that you can develop (maybe even in town phase) that allows you to set a maximum value of a given resource, and any exceeding amount will be automatically transfer to the ally/allies. With an example might be easier to understand:

Imagine I developed this technology and I set that with 2000 of metal is "enough" for me. Then, whenever I have 2001 (or maybe could be done at a step of 100, such as current market maximums. In this case it'd be 2100 instead of 2001) the market sends automatically those extra resources above the maximum threshold to your ally.

28 minutes ago, Freagarach said:

I think this is a really cool feature, making for interesting games indeed.

It touches upon cooperative gameplay (https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2459) and might need a game option.

Indeed, having a match option would be great. We already have a “disable spies” toggle, but ideally I'd like to see:

• espionage
    • never
    • with technology [default]
    • always
  • share territory roots with allies:
    • never
    • with technology
    • always [default]
  • share vision with allies:
    • never
    • always
  • share dropsites with allies:
    • never
    • always
  • share resources with allies:
    • never [default]
    • with technology
    • always

For the last one, I suppose population should be excluded.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zircon said:

I just wanted to add that this idea is very good, particularly when you're in battle and need to pay attention to the micro etc. I propose another idea too:

In the market, again, there's this new technology that you can develop (maybe even in town phase) that allows you to set a maximum value of a given resource, and any exceeding amount will be automatically transfer to the ally/allies. With an example might be easier to understand:

Imagine I developed this technology and I set that with 2000 of metal is "enough" for me. Then, whenever I have 2001 (or maybe could be done at a step of 100, such as current market maximums. In this case it'd be 2100 instead of 2001) the market sends automatically those extra resources above the maximum threshold to your ally.

Good one. If this is a feature that you can choose to activate/deactivate instead of a technology, what you say is something like an "auto activate if resources exceed X". Then you can set everything to 99999999 so the feature is practically deactivated, you can set to 0 if you want to activate it at all times or you can set any intermediate value.

However, once you started sharing your resources it becomes diffuse to decide which ones are yours and which ones are not yours. But there may be a clever way to implement this.

Edited by gui456wSERTDYF

5 hours ago, Zircon said:

lastest fgod mod has something similar to that I think