The Last Samurai...

I'm a man. I'll admit I shed more than a few tears while seeing The Last Samurai today. :woot:

I urge all to go see it. That final battle scene where you know how it has to end, but you dread it anyway, is great. All the performances are good to brilliant; except maybe the Emperor, but prolly because English wasn't his first language (apt for the charcter methinks!).

Katsumodo - The guy who played this character sold the movie. WOW.

Algren - Cruise hits another home run.

Taka - Such a beautiful woman and a beautifully understated performance.

Ujio - Man, this guy rocks.

The kids - Hollywood had to go to a different country to find children that can act! Wow.

If you ask me, "Was this better than The Two Towers?" I would say yes. "Was this better than Braveheart?" I would say yes. But I would also say you are asking the wrong questions. You should be asking, "Was it a good story, with beautiful cinematography, skillfully acted characters, and exciting action?" and I would say yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Will this win Best Picture? Probably not, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet. I really have no faith in the Academy either way though. All I can say is, go see this movie, and it might be the Best Picture in your own heart.

I will part with this; the best sex scene ever filmed is in this movie, but lo and behold, it has no sex.

If you see this film you will know the scene to which I refer.

On a scale of 1 - 100, I give it a 95! :ph34r:

I'm a man. I'll admit I shed more than a few tears while seeing The Last Samurai today.  :woot:

no problem with a man crying ;) It proves that you're still human

If you see this film you will know the scene to which I refer.

I know what you're talking about (although I didn't see the film yet...) they talked about it on Oprah... :D

really seems like a good film, I'll go soon and check it out :ph34r: