Collecting - What Is Your Addiction ?

hi, my name is bernd and i'm a DVD addict. i started way back in 1999. i bought way too much crap. then i got better in 2001. still bought much crap. i reigned myself in in 2002 and 2003. But this fall is just killing me ...

Babylon 5 Season 3

Two Towers Extended Edition

Indiana Jones Box-set

but see for yourself: my meager collection

Legos, as a kid though I collected them.

Now I still build with them from time to time.

In fact, for all you LotR fans, I made a model of helms deep and also "the armies of middle earth" out of mini figures. It has over 90 people and includes two trolls, orcs, uruks, elves, rohan, gandalf, dol amroth etc. It's very cool! I'll post pics sometime, or E-Mail me if you want to see them :ph34r:.

I'm addicted to Coke (coca-cola) and about the only thing I collect is Games... I realized I was a collector when I went out and bought WarCraft II just because I had lost my old WarCraft II (I hadn't played it in 1-2 years) and in 2002 I bought Age of Empires because it was the predecessor to AoK, haven't played it since I bought it but I have it... Then a month ago I bought Alice and ____ forgot the name, but one that used the Doom technology and was in the same package as Alice! Can't find it, my room's a mess, but I bought it because it was called the best level design of any game, so I needed to try it out (haven't yet).

:ph34r: I don't think ice-cream could make you a better runner. Like intrepid it was probally a superstitious thing. Now lets try and keep this on topic OK??

Another addiction of mine would be collecting video games. Every time I lose or misplace a vidoe game, even though I'm never goinf to play it again, and get angry at myself. That plus I like the random facts. Those are always fun to know.

Amusing Facts

Same here, i have tons of video games. The only thing is that a video game only entertains you for so long then you have to get a new one. Another thing that i like is free softare which is really the best. I also would really like office 2003 and I believe that i will be getting it soon since i use it for most of my homework. :ph34r:

Video games...... back when I was just a lad, I remember having tons of them, I even had a N64, PS1, and Dreamcast. However, when I was introduced to the world of Half-Life and Counter Strike, everything changed.

BTW, I used to be a big collector of Star Wars toys, and to this day, I still have them in case I have a child so I won't need to buy new toys for him/her. :ph34r: However it was too much work to keep up, I was growing up at the time and LOTR came into town. Now, I obsess over myyyyyyyy precioussssssssssss One Ring replica.

I still like collecting books about how to beat games (I'm sad), history, warfare, and now LOTR.

I've been collecting WW1&2 stuff for quite some time (stopped 4 years ago). Even have parts of a Canadian pilot that was shot down in front of my house and digged up again 6 years ago. Yep, bones, some skin and hair :ph34r:

Now I "collect" books. Not really collecting, but I just buy and read more books than an average reader I guess.

I've been collecting WW1&2 stuff for quite some time (stopped 4 years ago).Even have parts of a Canadian pilot that was shot down in front of my house and digged up again 6 years ago. Yep, bones, some skin and hair

:woot: eew ... so you have any other body parts - since you are collecting "stuff" from the World Wars :ph34r:

ok - just kidding - but seriously: do you have any way of identifying him ? does his family know ???

Yep, he was a canadian major (he was in the British RAF). In my town there's a Canadian war cemetry. Actually he was already burried there, but eventually they found out the person in that grave was someone different.

I have only found very small parts though, the 'official' archeologists found much more. But they weren't really professionals, they were digging up the plane with a huge crane resulting in damage to it (major damage, a lot of stuff was smashed into little pieces). They only took the big parts (also of the pilot :ph34r:) like the engine for example and all the rest was left there.

Quite silly actually since I've found his teeth, while they didn't find any, and stuff like toxic pills and such.

Funny thing is that my father was already talking to me about that plane when I was able to understand. That's what he remembers best of the war, a plane was flying above their house and suddenly shot down by the Germans. It crashed down in front of our house (well approx 100 meters away from it) in a little pond. So it dissapeared quickly in the mud. Anyway, I couldn't have imagined they would dig it up around 50 years later.