"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

- Charles De Gaulle, former French President

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people."

- Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC instructor

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

- Greg Norman, Golfer

"Man shots neighbor with machete."

- Miami Herald, headline

ok, find some more now(if you need help go here Quotes Page)

Not a direct quote but once our illustrious Prime Minister of Canada, Jean Chretien once said:

"There is proof. Proof is a proof, which is proven because its a proof....proof is a proof, if there is proof it is proven, proving it is proof, because its proven"

Something along those lines, it was incredible. There was once a "poll" which asked

"What language does the Prime Minister usually communicate in?"

A: English

B: French

C: Klingon

Let's hope Paul Martin can be understood in both official languages ;)

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

When discussing what type of proof Canadians wanted from the US before assisting the US in a war with Iraq

There you go Paal 101 ;)

;) Thanks for that one akya! Wasn't sure what it was exactly (obviously :P) he may be a dunce, but he made the right decision about Iraq....

Plus Stockwell Day (paraphrasing mind you, old quote):

"The Niagra River behind me is a metaphor for the brain drain into the USA out of Canada! All our best minds are goin south." (Niagra River flows northeast :P)

"Actually, I - this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about - when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

George W. Bush (talking about himself and Chris Matthews of Hardball)

"Vice President mentioned Nigeria is a fledgling democracy. We have to work with Nigeria. That's an important continent."

George W. Bush (in a presidential debate)

"Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person -- people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person."

George W. Bush (this one's just funny, not so much stupid)

"The solid truth of the matter is, when you find -- if you want to help heal the hurt -- if you want to hurt people and help people in pain, the best way to do so is to call upon the great strength of the country, which is the compassion of our fellow Americans."

Bush

"A country which has been under attack can respond by loving your neighbor like you'd like to be loved yourself."

Bush - Good intentions, but again, really funny to think about :)

"I've seen fox in here, I've seen all kinds of birds. It's a wonderful spot to come up in here and just kind of think about the budget."

Bush, another absurd statement :P

"I love the story of America, I love the fact that people who started with nothing and have built a fantastic food processing business."

Bush, lol

"I expressed our nation's condolences at the needless murder of innocent people, by the latest suicider."

Bush, his favorite word must be suicider, which he invented himself. But hey, that's the American way - innovation! :P

Wow, nobody has mentioned Dan Quayle yet.

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.

I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.

I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.

I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.

Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make.

The future will be better tomorrow.

We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.

Former Yankee's catcher Yogi Beara has also had some pretty funny quotes.

"So, what time is it," reporter said to Yogi.

"You mean now?" Yogi replied.

"Do you want your pizza cut into 6 or 8 slices?" the cashier said to Yogi when asking if he wants his pizza cut into 6 or 8 slices.

"You better 6, I don't think I can eat 8," said Yogi.

And if anybody here has seen the Aflac comercial when they're in the barber shop. That is also Yogi.

That website devoted to George Bush's "speech problems" is pretty inflammatory.

Some things aren't even messed up, it just comes out bad because he's got a Texas accent.

And somethings are just being interpreted wrong by the author of that site -

For instance, the canada/mexico one - he obviously means the border relations as in two different border relationships between both canada and mexico. I think it's foolish to assume that everything he says is an error.

But they make for good fun :)

No, George Bush is just an idiot. He's probally the dumbest person ever to live in the white house.

Well I'm not sure about the first part, but the second part may have some validity.

Anyways, George Bush doesn't need to be smart, just decisive. His cabinet needs to be smart :)

It's interesting though that you tout Arnold Schwarzenegger as such a political success in the "Coolest Male Actor" thread, even though he's about as informed on politics as George W. Bush is...