Some Feedback

Hackie

Cool. I just found this, after searching for information about AOE3 definitive edition.

Some thoughts when playing: 

• I miss the alt (or ctrl?) clicking to people to give them a route and not only a target (guess I know it from AOE3)
  • AOE also separated the "." key into "," for warriors and "." for workers. I know, in 0ad, most people can do multiple things, but this second key would still be helpful. And maybe shift+"."/"," to find a free worker/warrior close to the mouse cursor
  • When I hear the war signal, I can't find the location where it happens. And when I found it, they are already dead. Some hotkey/button similar to "." would be nice here or some highlighting on the overview map
  • Sometimes it's hard to find a worker who is able to build a wall or similar. but I don't have a proposal for this

Besides that, I really like this game. And the little differences, like that you cannot just build something everywhere, and that people can have multiple functions.

5 hours ago, Hackie said:

AOE also separated the "." key into "," for warriors and "." for workers. I know, in 0ad, most people can do multiple things, but this second key would still be helpful.

See the in-game manual:

. (Period): select idle worker

/ (Slash): select idle warrior

\ (Backslash): select idle unit

The keys are actually customizable; see the default.cfg file.

5 hours ago, Hackie said:

Sometimes it's hard to find a worker who is able to build a wall or similar. but I don't have a proposal for this

This is solved in the development version (A24): 23921