Hey All!

Hi everyone, I just found about 0 AD yesterday while looking through the links on RedRampant.com and was blown away. To describe myself, where to begin: I am an avid enthusist of all thing military (weapons, tactics, uniforms, battles, equipment) from all eras, be it Modern, Middle Ages, and (especially atm :P) Ancient :D As well, I am a green belt in Wado Karate.

I also love movies like LoTR and Gladiator, plus listen to lots of music and do volunteer work with the Red Cross and Lion's Club.

And I cannot wait for 0 AD! :P

You like military history and LotR!?!

Couldn't be more perfect for the things at WFG!

You know about 0AD, but "The Last Alliance" is a LotR Real Time Strategy much like 0AD, and "Insurrection" is a mod that deals with GI Joe. Get involved in the forums!

Welcome :P;)

BTW Gladiator's an AWESOME movie!

BTW: You have read Tolkien's books, have you?

I've read the LoTR Trilogy and the Hobbit, but not Silmarillion or any of the other books edited by Christopher Tolkien. But, while I haven't read the books, I have picked up a lot and know quite a few of the basics from reading stuff on the Net and talking with other Ring Nuts. Not an expert, but not an idiot :D I read The Hobbit in Grade.....9 i think, and LoTR soon after, so I was already a well versed Tolkien fan by the time the movies came out. My knowledge of the LoTR is based in the books first, and followed by the movies (which are some of the BEST ON EARTH!!! :P ), which add to my interperatation (sp? :D).

And Gladiator rules! Although the ballista and catapults at the beginning in a field battle are enough to make you cringe :D:P But man, you can't beat Russel Crowe! He rocks :P

Wow, welcome aboard Paal !

and do volunteer work with the Red Cross
You have my two thumbs up. :D:P

I also like Gladiator, especially the second fight in the province where he alone fights 8 brothas. Great how he finishes the last one off. :D We gotta start a thread to find out about everyone's martial arts abilities. :P

Welcome, welcome. :D:P

Oh yeah! That fight with the Praetorians rules :D Especially the "Its the frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick, " line :P that one is so great :P Those Praetorian uniforms make me want to throw up though.... :P:D:P

And the Maximus vs. 5 Gladiators in the middle of the movie = way awesome. Can you say "Lawn mower?" :D Just butchered those dudes....