What Do You Think Of Empires, Dmw?

So let me say right up front; I was a big AOM player...but I got burnt out on it. I was mainly a Land Nomad (8 player random civ random team) zone player; but when I got to AOM; the MP interface was so bad I ended up playing a lot of rated...

That is when I saw the ugly side of AOM in my opinion; month after month of 1v1 strats that exploited some game inbalance until another patch came out. When Titans finally shipped and I saw what the game had become; I simply quit playing it for good. In fact; to be honest; AOM plain disgusts me. I'm just really upset that AOK never had a proper follow on game.

So for better or for worse I consider Empires DMW to be the current best 'Age of Empires' type RTS out there and I was wonder what you guys thought and what you think the major differences should be in terms of 0AD versus this title.

I think the one thing Rick Goodman did with this title is recapture some of the killer gameplay of the original AOE. Some of the rushes that are out there remind me of the old days of RoR. I don't know; I feel like they've done a great job with balance and gameplay and I am quite surprised by this title to be honest.

Comments?

I didn't like it, too hard the scenarios and some of the minor choices they made which I did not respect (how they handled fog of war, chinese bomb ppl) but the main reason is the multi-period game style, just annoys me a lot. I didn't like EE either. I liked AoM but didn't play it enough to say that without a bit of worry I'm saying something wrong. The campaign was too easy was one big mistake at the least.

The only new generation RTS which I can honestly say I loved was WarCraft 3, beaitful but not the old school RTS most AoK fans like...