What Is Your IQ Like ?

Personally I don't think an IQ test can be derived from a 40 questions questionaire. The other IQ test I've done always had at least 100 questions. I scored 126 this time; have scored better before. With these 40 questions, if you make one mistake, it probably takes off 10 points or something :)

Personally I don't think an IQ test can be derived from a 40 questions questionaire. The other IQ test I've done always had at least 100 questions. I scored 126 this time; have scored better before. With these 40 questions, if you make one mistake, it probably takes off 10 points or something :)

Among psychologists even, IQ tests are hotly debated, no matter how many questions are asked. For instance, Welsh-speakers discovered that their children performed worse on short term memory tasks (more specifically, ones that utilized the phonological loop).

Does this mean that Welsh-speakers aren't as smart? No! I'm sure that you've heard that a human can remember about 7 +- 2 items in memory at once. Well ... this isn't entirely true -- it depends on what language you remember them in. For remembering digits, mandarin chinese speakers can recall about 9 digits on average, English 7, and Welsh 3.

Why? One psychological theory guesses that we have phonological loops in our short term memory that continually require that data be refreshed through rearticulation. Welsh digits take longer to verbally pronounce than other languages'! There is more to this, but the main question i'm asking is -- there are so many components to intelligence, how do we know which to measure? And even when we do know which to measure (e.g. in this case memory span), can we accurately measure them across cultures? (to save some time, the answers are: we don't, and no)

Danny

117! :)

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

THAT IS AMAZING, that is EXACTLY my.... Intellectual personality. Wild!

There was 1 question that was a mistake. The one that you were supposed to figure out the jumbled words... ENGLAND, okay, in the first place England is a province of the UK, in the second place, there is a city called England in Texas. So I outsmarted them. LOL!

Lastly, I don't thinkt that an IQ is very good, they didn't even touch on my computer skill, piano skill, crafting skill, living skill, hunting skill, resposibility skill...etc :-(

I'm assuming Einstein prolly had 127

Nah, I think it'd be around 170 or so.

I took an actual test (7 years back though - I don't know if IQ changes with time) and I received a 149.

It's hard to define intelligence as either smart or not smart. There are thousands of ways to think about intelligence.

My personal opinion on this, however, has been that the highest form of human intelligence is in the ability to be intuitive.

For example, the ability to look at a physics or calculus problem and 'see' or have an intuition on both the solution to the problem, and the method.

It's also the kind of thinking that produces good artists, musicians, etc.

Then I think the ability to reason comes after that, then perhaps basic application of memory, and then just memory after that.

I don't know, that's my take on it.

Einstein, I was kidding of course...

I think that intelligence (as I interpret the word) can NOT be defined, because it's how well you handle wisdom. And everyone has a different amount of wisdom (what you know) and intelligence is the management of this wisdom, how well you gain new wisdom, how well you remember old wisdom and so forth, and this cannot be accuratly calculated.

Your IQ score is 135

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator.

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I took this test back in september.

I disagree, let's look it up:

Wisdom -

The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.

Common sense; good judgment: “It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things” (Henry David Thoreau).

The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: “In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations” (Maya Angelou).

Wise teachings of the ancient sages.

A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.

Wisdom Bible. Wisdom of Solomon.

(I do agree knowledge might be more appropriate for some of the part of my reply, but I see wisdom as a knowledge gained through experience)

I took that test a long time ago and got 122 or something. It said my intellect type was a creative problem solver or something like that, I get ideas and find ways to make things work while being very creative and artistic etc. That's more acurate than when I took it this time. I got 126 this time and it said I'm a Precision Processor, same as DA.

No I'm not :P I hate math.

I got a 131, but personally, i think that your IQ doesn't mean anything. You can't tell or measure a persons wisdom or intelligence. You have to determine intelligence by what a person does, not by some stupid questions that you would never have anything to do with on a daily basis. You could be a complete genius, but enjoy jumping in front of cars because you have no common sense. You could also be a complete genius and never do anything with your intelligence and knowledge, you are simply too lazy to do so. If you don't contribute to society and never do anything because to are too lazy, then i think that you are less intelligent then you think you are. This simply means that you have very poor decision making skills that you are not really very wise. I think that you should use your intelligence to it greatest extent. I would also like to point out that there are nine types of intelligence. Yes, that is right nine. I forget the technical names for them, but they are around the area of social intelligence, book intelligence, artistic intelligence, etc. which you really can't test for using an IQ test. This is why I think that they mean pretty much nothing, except that people tend to use them for snob appeal. :P