3D Environment Application

Position: 3D Environment and Props

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free? Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license? Yes

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.) Yes

Name: Daniel Pérez

Email: daniel.perez.2992@gmail.com

Availability: 10 hrs per week

Skills and Experience:  Multimedia Designer- Anáhuac University

4 years in my actual work making projects to Apps, motion graphics, web, video games with VR and AR that use 3D and 2D elements

Motivation: I became a Multimedia Designer because since I had my first console my love to the video games was born...for that reason after I graduated from college I started to practice with videos tutorials to know all the possibilities that the world of 3D has to be able to collaborate on a video game

Personality: Looking happily for learnings and experiences

Short Essay: Some years ago I want to play strategy games but I have a Mac and has few options so I started looking for an alternative and finally I found 0AD and I loved it in all the aspects, then I visited the site and saw that I could participate in what I had always wanted by applying what I knew about 3D and at the same time learning and improving my skills

Interests and Hobbies: I like to dance, video games, roll with my motorcycle, play pool, 3D

Staff: no 

Community: Epicgames, artstation, unityfreaks etc

Favorite Game: currently the witcher, all time def jam fight for ny

Work Examples: I attach an image with 5 examples of different projects

3Dpic.jpg

• Like 3

Hello @Drogoberto

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for your application. 

The title of this post states that you want to work in "3D Environment and Props" do you have any suggestions on the existing objects in the game ? If not is there anything in particular you'd like to work with (e.g. trees, rocks, building scaffoldings, foundations...)

Are you familiar with versionning and compilation ?  If not that's fine, but it's better if you manage to use the Mac Dev Version. On Windows we provide binaries.

I would like to work with some buildings if someone need help, but I'm also ok to work with trees or animals that are missing in the world.

I have an idea of compilation because in my work I do the models and export that in a compatible format for the games we make with Unity but the compilation in all the projects are made by my coworker because I don't have the license for Mac... I'm sorry but I don't know if it's useful or not.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! This project could use experienced artists.

Before any contributions can be accepted, you have to sign https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/16802-legal-waiver-please-read-this-before-contributing/

0 A.D. has very limited biodiversity, so more animals will certainly be appreciated! There are lists at https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/23840-gaia-animals and https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/22944-fauna-requests , but other animals can be accepted to, if they're correct and complete. And there are many other things that could be done (ask @Stan`); basically it's up to you to decide what you want to work on, and when.

Have you tried installing the development version ( https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions )?