How You Made Your Usernames

How did you lot come up with your usernames? What influenced you in creating them? Let's see how interesting these stories get.

As for me, I created my name Black Op 2 years ago. At the time, I was interested with a (dead) Half-Life MOD in which you played as Black Ops, who were enemies in the HL add-on Opposing Force. I was hopeing for a decent BO MOD as I thought they were cool and showing my interest, I used the name Black Op, which I now use on forums.

My other and far older username is :D El Rando, which I use when playing computers games on-line and when playing Real-Life. It was inspired by Bart Simpson's (of The Simpsons) alias, El Barto.

So, what are your stories behind your usernames? :P

I created my username 4 yrs ago, I had a friend who was writing stories and I decided to write stories as well. 4 yrs ago I was inspired by the Forgotten realms books and decided to create a half-elf. That's when I invented the name akya it seemed proper for an elvish name and at the same time it felt a bit japanese. :D

A while back, we had a friend over and were playing Midtown Madness 2 demo multiplayer. His computer kept freezing up, and he said, "It's hopeless!"

I knew it was probably all the crazy background apps he was running, and I told him so. He didn't really think so, so I said, "You can play on my computer, and I'll play on yours!"

He thought I was predicting my own fate :P But I changed my in-game name to Optimist and shut down his background apps. It ran fine after that, of course :D

Then, when I was trying to think of a new online handle, I added Code to the Optimist (since I'm a programmer), and created the legendary CodeOptimist! :P

Ok, maybe it's not legendary, but... :D

I was signing up for something on the Lord of the Rings website (I assume forums, 3-4 years ago)

I tried Hunter (which was my usual first choice name but of course it was already used), then I tried my combinations of it which all failed I even went down to my lame Sir_Shane (which I was glad was already taken). Then while trying a combination of Hunter I tried The Elven Hunter, then eventually got ElfTheHunter which has worked in every single place except one (someone stole it for WarCraftIII.net!!!)

I was having my walls Rendered at the time I needed to come up with a name for regerstration of the AOE forums to keep it seperate from my personal email. So Render it was, I decided to use it as a username also and it stuck.

Later it made sence as I got into graphics, but that was a just lucky. Im really happy with it now. :D

I was formerly The Quacker, gained it from my last name (Quackenbush). I'm not sure why i picked it, it just kinda came and stuck.

I also go by Lt. Skitzafreni (or just Lt. Skitz) on games such as Medal of Honor. Gained that because while back we had 6 of us playing Delta Force (the orig) on two different computers. We were thinking of a name, and Lt. Skitzafrenia was thought of (a disease :P), but the A wouldn't fit as that was too many characters, so Skitzafreni became it, then i've hacked it down to Skitz :D

Back at the end of 2000 I signed for the Spanish-Latin American SUD clan for AOK, all the members were SUD_something , I was SUD_Commander. One month or two later I joined the recently created and promising team called Wildfire Studios :D *wonders* and there people started to call me "SUD", so that is it. At first I didnt like much that I was called SUD because in the AOKH forums there were other SUD members and I felt a little..you know, but in a few months after that the SUD clan dismantled and disapeared completely and I took property of SUD name :P

My AOKH is still SUD_Commander, though

• 9 years later...

Fexor was the name of my first pen and paper roll playing character. It came out of a mixture (not quite, I know but that was how it came up) of the Latin words ferox (wild, bold, gallant) since that fitted the characters idiosyncrasy and ferrum (iron, hard, steel) since it was a fighter and a smith. Since I myself are "ferox" and FeXoR has the same letters I decided to take this as my digital name.