We're On Fire

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/26/cali...fire/index.html

There is an insane wild fire burning 50-100 miles from my house. It's been going on for 4 days now and it got serious yesturday when the smoke clouds covered up the whole sky and blocked out the sun. When the sun does shine it makes everything dark orange.

That was yesturday. Today it's worse, it rains ash and there is a horrible smokey smog covering the sky all the while the fire gets closer and closer. You can't go outside because you can't breathe from the smoke. If this doesn't get any better I might have to evacuate.

Pics from yesturday:

(thats smoke, not clouds. Things like Clouds don't exist in California since it's dry all the time :D )

wildfire1.jpg

(thats the sun)

wildfire2.jpg

News pics:

capt.canu10110261746.california_wildfires_canu101.jpg

r3126976483.jpg

capt.skdx10710260607.california_wildfires_skdx107.jpg

capt.canh10110242317.california_wildfires_canh101.jpg

capt.skdx10110241749.california_wildfires_skdx101.jpg

So you see, I'm in a sticky situation :P Today I spent the entire morning cleaning the yard and the roof from things that could catch on fire, i.e. everything.

more news coverage:

http://www.msnbc.com/local/vcs/m334564.asp

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ornia_wildfires

I'm in Newbury Park, about 1 city away from the fires. Actually theres some slightly good news, theres a wind blowing north now thats going to change the fire's course, however theres a new wind blowing every 30 minutes or so :D We'll see.

The only good thing from this is that I don't have to go to school tommarro because of the extremely unhealthy air :P

@Black op: "Rip them all down"

I'm closest to the one in Ventura County, which is where I live :D It's dark now and I can see the flames out in the horizon with binoculars.

@LOTR folks: hmmm lets see what did they say next... "The old world shall burn in the fires of industry, a new order will rise driven by the machine and the iron fist of war" :P

"The old world shall burn in the fires of industry, a new order will rise driven by the machine and the iron fist of war"

Yep, that's from the first movie I think...

I'm positive that quote comes from the second movie. Try finding some TTT diologue transcripts or get the DVD. The quote is near the beginning of the movie.

They just reused shots from the first movie in TTT, didn't you notice that?

BTW: Here's Saruman's V.O. from the start of TTT;

The world is changing. Who now has the strength to stand against the armies of Isengard and Mordor? To stand against the might of Sauron and Saruman and the union of the Two Towers? Together, my lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-earth.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry. The forests will fall. A new order will rise. We will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fists of the Orc. We have only to remove those who oppose us.

It will begin in Rohan. Too long have these peasants stood against you. But no more. Rohan, my lord, is ready to fall.

Does that ring a bell?

Guys, can we please get this on topic ? :P

Lets all do a rain dance
I laughed almost 2 minutes over that, but it certainly isn't very nice, Klaas. :P Funny though... :D

I hope Cheese, you'll stay alright and don't need to be evacuated. I will donate some money (and maybe some boxer shorts :D) in case your house goes down !

Take care and enjoy some days off school.

Actually I had school today :D It's so retarded because every other school is closed in the county, all but Thousand Oaks High School even though half the town is on fire.

It's like a different world now. Theres a smokey fog all the time and the sun shines blood red, it's been raining (or snowing) ash for 3 days and the humidity level is under 10% (In most other areas it's like 40-60%) so that means everything is so dry, not a drop of water, stay outisde for just 1 hour and your skin will dry up and you're thirsty all the time.

Hey but good times though :P

Well, last weekend, the freshmen were on a class trip to Catalina Island, 26 miles off the shore of the mainland. They reported ash falling on their boat! :D Is that weird or what?

P.S.: If anyone wants to quote FOTR, I'm making a thread for that over at the TLA Forums. That place sure has been dead for the past few days.