More Spartan "Spartan Hoplites" than "Athenian Hoplites"

Vesow PL

Hi, I'm a fan of 0AD!
 I have such a small request, a sneak peak, that the Hoplites from Sparta have more differences than the Athenians, after all, the Athenians are not associated with this formation, and the Spartans rather bragged about war and fighting most of all Greek polis, right? Additionally, I will ask if you have any plans to add some mythical units? Minotaurs fighting with some creatures from other mythologies (I don't know creatures from other mythologies except werewolves: D). Or at least as a challenge on the map with treasures or something :)
  • Like 2

For the mythological part, I know that 0AD is on the strict historic (slightly exaggerated) side. So I don't see those creatures come into play. But that would be a nice mod. I have some models of those, and I kinda like there vibe. Animation would be the big part of the work.

Edited by MrLux
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrLux said:

For the mythological part, I know that 0AD is on the strict historic (slightly exaggerated) side. So I don't see those creatures come into play. But that would be a nice mod. I have some models of those, and I kinda like there vibe. Animation would be the big part of the work.

There is already a mod although it relied heavily on @Alexandermb's work. I can hook you up if you want to contribute.

13 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I could see something like:

Spartan hoplites +10% health, +10% train time.

Athenian hoplites +10% speed, -1 armor.

Theban hoplites +10% attack, +10% cost.

Etc. 

So it would only be a gameplay difference and nothing on the art side ? How will the player see which is which ?

On 10/1/2020 at 7:27 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I could see something like:

Spartan hoplites +10% health, +10% train time.

Athenian hoplites +10% speed, -1 armor.

Theban hoplites +10% attack, +10% cost.

Etc. 

I kinda agree that 0ad needs some differentiation like this, but it opens up a huge can of worms that the devs and a lot of the community don't seem to want to futz with, as shown by the faction balance thread.

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...