ideas for new nations.

jesper

hello i have some ideas for new nations in 0ad.   1. the minoer    2. the hittite       3. chinese     4. etruscan       5. byzanthines        i think its very cool to have this civilisations in the game. is that possible to add tis to the game? sorry my english is not very good because iam a german!

@jesper I think there are mods for the Chinese, Mongols and Byzantine. Don't know about the rest tho. However, if any of the civilizations listed could be added to the A-25 update, I believe the most likely choice will be the Chinese. There is enough historical information about this civilization and they fall within the timeframe of 0.AD. I'm sure someone is working on adding the Chinese sometime in the future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jesper said:

hello i have some ideas for new nations in 0ad.   1. the minoer    2. the hittite       3. chinese     4. etruscan       5. byzanthines        i think its very cool to have this civilisations in the game.

For the (Han) Chinese, see the mod Terra Magna, available through the in-game mod-downloader.

https://0ad.mod.io/terra-magna

For the Byzantines, see the mod Millennium AD, also available through the in-game mod-downloader.

https://0ad.mod.io/millennium-ad 

For the Etruscans, there's already a small reference thread:

They're pretty cool, and definitely fit 0AD's timeframe. But development of this civ is honestly still a long way off, in the best scenario. 

The Hittites and Minoans are Bronze Age civs that predate 0AD's timeframe by more than 600 years. 

Obviously the iconic Scythians should be really appealing. It is just more difficult to render a nomadic culture in the game (because historical accuracy).

But I think Han China is in the most advanced state currently for an upcoming faction. So... yeah maybe there is the time to include it for A24.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2020 at 4:23 AM, Genava55 said:

Obviously the iconic Scythians should be really appealing. It is just more difficult to render a nomadic culture in the game (because historical accuracy).

In a game where women take eight seconds to be born, I think that a few mechanical changes would make nomads feel organic enough, accurate or not.

• 5 months later...

If I had to do a suggestion, I would go for a faction that represents the Greeks in southern Italy. Syracuse was one of the largest cities in the Mediterranean and was active against both Athene(defeating Athenes fleet and contributing to the end of Athenian hegemony) and they also fought both Carthage and Rome. They are another Greek faction(limits diversity), but that makes fit in with the others.

I also recently found a vid about the Kushan empire which might also be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gc4p_KQGf4

Edited by LetswaveaBook