Childhood Accident

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, funny topic. For me: falling backwards off a wall onto the concrete floor of the back yard. I was only about 4 or 5, it was one of my earliest memories. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I was going to see Playaway at the Wetherby Playhouse that night. Rest of my family still went; I got a Playaway annual signed by Brian Cant himself. Irreplacable.

Also got run over by a car when I was 9 on way back from fish and chip shop. Got no signed souvenirs that time, sadly, but hey: with 3 months off school, who cares? :P

(Sorry to revive old thread, just seen it ..)

I nearly cracked my skull and died :D

And I nearly drowned and died

and I nearly got electrecuted and died

otherwise I've been pretty safe. I've never broken a bone, except for a pinky which got smashed from a 50 pound iron dumbell that fell off a shelf and onto my pinky. That was when I was 9. My pinky's normal now though, it kinda grew back.

But lets not get into details :P

Oh one more. When I was 11 me and my friends were racing our bikes, I was on my friends bike and forgot that he was left handed (his brakes were switched around you see, so the back brake is really on the left handle bar) and I hit the front brake to stop, the bike flipped me completely over, I hit the ground so hard that I don't remember anything besides seeing the pavement meet my face, but my friends said it was pretty bad because I did 2 front flips and then smacked into the ground sideways and had the bike land ontop of me.

Yeah, but good times though :P

Oh ohh, my turn!

I'll list these as in more horrifying (at the time):

#4 - I was riding my bicicle around this building, the sidewalks between building and grass were really narrow, and I scrapped a chunk of my pinky (or thumb) off when I scrapped against the wall.

#3 - I don't remember the accident, but somehow my toe got hurt and it hurt for 2+ months afterwards. I think I broke it, just at the time I thought it was really bad if you broke something and didn't get a cast (I was like 7)

#2 - I was riding my bike in town, made a corner and a motorcycle came at me. I dodged the left and he did too, then I went to the right and he did it too and we hit. I ended up just getting up and going home, but liter of Coke I was carrying got a hole in the bottle! And the next day I was really sore.

#1 - Back in my dad's farm in Brazil he made silage. He used these huge cement... huh, bunkers I guess you can call them. But anyway, they have these long ramps that go down to the bottom of the bunker/hole about 10-20 ft long. I and the other kids would get our bikes and go down it at full speed, stopping near the end of the bunker. Well, I slipped on a bit of dirt or grass and fell. Slid down and scrapped my knee really bad (there were bits of flesh hanging out which added to the horror more than to the pain) and my *those round bones on your feet* got scrapped down to the bone which also made it look horrible and terrified me.

:P Good times! To look back on at least

On my 7th or 8th birthday I was outside in my yard with my sister(were twins) and she was mad at me for something. I was next to the garage door and holding on to the handle when she hit the button to open the garage door. I was to dumb to let go and got pulled up with it. then i just let go and dropped to the ground and cracked my skull open. i dont remember this its just what i am told

When I was about 8 or 9, my younger cousin and I were riding on the front of a small trailer (pulled by a John Deere), as the back was all covered in seaweeds and other crap. We liked to drag our feet from the back, and when I saw her dragging hers from the front of the trailer without a problem I did the same.

My legs were longer, a treeroot caught my foot, and I was dragged under pretty quickly... got a tire-track on my back - hip to shoulder - and sprained my ankle.

Of all the stupid things you can do while riding on a moving vehicle, this is the stupidest.

I'm a pretty safe kid, no real accidents, cept a sprained ankle and a chipped tooth(one of my teeth is 1/2 real 1/2 cap)...both of which were caused by me trying to do something stupid to my little bro :P

This really isn't an accident, but one time i slept-walked to our laundry room and peed on my sister's horse blanket. Couldn't remember anything about it tho...

The worst I've done was at school, in first grade I think. We were out playing with these tricycles that had a mini-trailer after it. Somehow, I managed to get the trailer to flip over and hit me right in the face. Lost a tooth that way, but it was one of those you lose anyways so it didn't matter.

Then there was this other time in 4th grade or something. A few kids at our school used to play tag on a framework of wood. Looked something like a square 8, that was 1.5 meters up in the air. We actually got pretty good at running on those, and were literally running on them, despite our feet being wider than the wood we were running on. So one day I just happened to fall backwards and hit my head on another log (I fell pretty much in the centre of the eight, so I first hit my head, then dropped to the ground). We quit playing tag there a few weeks later :P

Those are the only ones I actually remember doing, and I've got no scars from any of them. The only accident I've actually got a scar from was when we were out saliing in the archipelago. We were eating lunch on some island I think, and as I was young back then (5 or 6 I think), I was mostly running around. Eventually I fell, hit my head on the rocks and cracked my skull open. My uncle and dad taped my head together to avoid me getting a huge scar. Now it's really small and you can't see it cause it's hidden by my eyebrows :P

Oh, this didn't happen to me but I saw it happen to my friend.

We were going to go play soccer, and one of the lightposts had 3-4 wires attached to the ground to support it during windy days. Well, one of my friends, as we ran to the soccer field ran straight into one of the diagonal wires. It got him in the neck and he flipped upside down and landed face down. Looked like it really hurt, I'm pretty sure he didn't play the soccer game (can't remember though)

When I was younger, I was swinging on a tree-branch by my hands (it was a smooth branch), and I slipped since it was damp. It would have been fine since it was only about 1 foot to the ground, but there happened to be a large plastic bucket (50 pound capacity :D) that I smacked my wrist into and fractured it. OUCH! I had to have a cast for 3 months or so.

Another incident was when I was riding around in the street (it's a cul-de-sac so it's circular, you can ride in a circle around) and my sister and I were trying to race each other.. I went too fast and forgot to brake and found myself going very fast towards the curb and our neighbor's cactus garden :P I just shut my eyes and braced for the crash!

Somehow the bike hit the curb and flew up while I landed right between two huge cactus spikes.. did I mention the bottom of the garden was limestone? :P

After opening my eyes and realizing I wasn't dead, I got up and didn't even have scratches (go figure :P)!

When I was 4 or so I was busy drawing. I just had a new sharp pencil, and like kids like to do, I stuck it in my mouth. With the pencil in my mouth I was jumping around being proud on what I had, and suddenly BANG I crashed on my face. The pencil must have been really sharp since it penetrated my cheeck, even now I still have a scar a little bit above my chin.

Well that was pretty much it. I don't know why that's the only accident I had, I did all kinds of dangerous things like climbing trees and such, but nothing much happened. Too bad :P

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my list of accidents:

#1: When I was about 7 or 8 I think I dove into the shallow end of the pool, being the smart person I am, and hit my head on the bottom. In doing so my front two bottom teeth went through my lip and I really hurt my neck and it was sore for days.

#2: I was 6. I was at this play palace type thingy and they had this 15 foot pyramid that you can climb. So when I finally got to the top, I wasn't the most physically fit kid, I decided do jump off and flip while going down. I over-rotated and disloked a bunch of bones in my back. I couldn't walk for the mext 3 days and couldn't really move my back in any direction for about a month. And I still feal pain in my back when I do certain activities.

#3: I was 9 years old and my brother and I, we are twins, got a new hotwheel car set type thing. So we were playing when i decided to get up and walk out of the room, can't remember the reason. I stepped on one of plastic cars. In doing so I cut my foot open and slipped and hit my head on the corner of a table. Lucky for me I didn't split my heads open, I have a thick skull, but I ended up having to get stitches in my foot.

#4: In this one I think I was 7 or 8. My brother, my friends David and Hunter, and I were building a dog house for David's dog and being the idiots that we were, we actually used an electric saw to cut the wood. While I was cutting the wood my finger slipped and I ripped of the top of my thumb, the top half was hanging from the point it got cut. And lucky for me my parents weren't home. So my friens mom had to rush me to the hospital where they had to stitch the top of my thumb back on