On 11/10/2019 at 11:23 AM, Stan` said:

So yeah it's definitely the blood that's killing performance :/  Would you say blood is nice to have ?

Hello everyone! After reading the whole thread i have two doubts i want to share with u.
1- Didn't find autociv option to disable blood to test performance. Am I missing something or this option its only available with No Blood And Gore Mod by @Stan` (https://0ad.mod.io/no-blood-and-gore-mod).

2- Autociv's autoassign civ its not working properly in my 0ad. If u say Gauls u take Spartans, If u say Iber u take Seleúcids. I've already installed a fresh version of 0ad with Autociv and Boongui Only. I download autociv v25.2.3 from github (https://github.com/nanihadesuka/autociv) and still having this error. I wonder if there's something related to 0ad native lengauge (spanish in my case). I'll be glad to change it my self but there's no editable file in the mod (ofc, autociv.pyromod its already compiled). Maybe is there a fix for this I didn't see or I can only fix it compiling new version from sourcecode.

I hope u can understand my poor English. 
TY

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, guerringuerrin said:

Hello everyone! After reading the whole thread i have two doubts i want to share with u.
1- Didn't find autociv option to disable blood to test performance. Am I missing something or this option its only available with No Blood And Gore Mod by @Stan` (https://0ad.mod.io/no-blood-and-gore-mod).

Check the Autociv option - Graphics: corpses max.

--> see this post: Make certain colours transparent "on-the-fly"? (18/Aug/21)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TY for quick response, @Langbart

On 11/10/2019 at 11:23 AM, Stan` said:

So yeah it's definitely the blood that's killing performance :/  Would you say blood is nice to have ?

In early pages @ValihrAnt discuses with @Stan` that the blood itself really matters in the FPS dump, so i though i could keep like 10 max corpses but hide the blood and keep improving performance. But maybe just using the max corpse option to 0 its the best way to improve as much as i can game's performance (ofc also lowering graphics tho)
TY again see u in the battlefield

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 8:37 PM, guerringuerrin said:

2- Autociv's autoassign civ its not working properly in my 0ad. If u say Gauls u take Spartans, If u say Iber u take Seleúcids. I've already installed a fresh version of 0ad with Autociv and Boongui Only. I download autociv v25.2.3 from github (https://github.com/nanihadesuka/autociv) and still having this error. I wonder if there's something related to 0ad native lengauge (spanish in my case). I'll be glad to change it my self but there's no editable file in the mod (ofc, autociv.pyromod its already compiled). Maybe is there a fix for this I didn't see or I can only fix it compiling new version from sourcecode.

I hope u can understand my poor English. 
TY

Can confirm the bug, seems setting non English language triggers it. Will try to fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, guerringuerrin said:

TY for quick response, @Langbart

In early pages @ValihrAnt discuses with @Stan` that the blood itself really matters in the FPS dump, so i though i could keep like 10 max corpses but hide the blood and keep improving performance. But maybe just using the max corpse option to 0 its the best way to improve as much as i can game's performance (ofc also lowering graphics tho)
TY again see u in the battlefield

I suggest to keep 30 corpses at least otherwise the gameplay suffers alot (you won't know where your unit died and how many otherwise). Performance only starts getting bad when you have > 50 corpses lying around 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

hotkey.someting = "Z" ; <= Problem here it need write Z for Y(german). The GUI crate it so.

in other words:

If I configure a hotkey with Z in the configuration via the GUI, it is written as Y.

Sometimes this creates confusion. Is it possible to tell the game or autociv thats a german keyboard?

16 hours ago, seeh said:

hotkey.someting = "Z" ; <= Problem here it need write Z for Y(german). The GUI crate it so.

in other words:

If I configure a hotkey with Z in the configuration via the GUI, it is written as Y.

Sometimes this creates confusion. Is it possible to tell the game or autociv thats a german keyboard?

Yes, if I'm correct @wraitii did a great job implementing this. From what I did get, basically 0ad now uses scancodes  (positional) instead of key codes (value based), so that it doesn't matter what type of keyboard you have the keys would be saved internally as the default keyboard and translated according to the current keyboard you have on the fly.

So, for your issue, 0ad is doing the conversion correctly, so no need to worry, let 0ad handle it for you.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:34 AM, nani said:

0ad is doing the conversion correctly, so no need to worry, let 0ad handle it for you.

usually i edit autoCiv into the GUI (maybe you mean this method) and i also edit in the local.cfg

as i said before i need to use z any y for the same key if i want use my special hotkey. ok it works. not a big deal. i could life with it very good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SneakEP said:

yes got that but i don't know how to activate it in 0AD1581729076_Screenshot2021-12-29010439.thumb.png.dfa040df5aed9e23d05a1761cf375c4a.png

Move "autociv" folder to the folder "mods" not "mod".
Then open 0ad and in the main menu select "Settings" -> "Mod Selection", a new page will appear.
In the page search in the upper list the mod "autociv", select it, then click the "Enable" button on the bottom, this should move the mod to the list bellow. Then click on the "Save Configuration" then on the "Save and Restart" button. Now you have autociv installed and working. 

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 11:52 PM, Stan` said:

Why not? Is it hard to patch?

Not really, it just doesn't mesh well. The alert system is based on having a building from where to trigger the alert, then the units AI inside the building radius will find a place to garrison, the problem is knowing what building to automatically select in the case this hotkey were to be triggered and also to take care of any edge cases (no building found in visible camera view, multiple options, etc).

Edited by nani

9 hours ago, nani said:

Move "autociv" folder to the folder "mods" not "mod".
Then open 0ad and in the main menu select "Settings" -> "Mod Selection", a new page will appear.
In the page search in the upper list the mod "autociv", select it, then click the "Enable" button on the bottom, this should move the mod to the list bellow. Then click on the "Save Configuration" then on the "Save and Restart" button. Now you have autociv installed and working. 

thank you. got it from there. 

• Like 1