Portraits for Delenda Est

I don't know if my portraits are going to be used for Empires Ascendant or not, but since @wowgetoffyourcellphone has expressed interest in them, I thought it would be better to continue my series in the Delenda Est forum.

So this is what I have so far. There's some that I haven't included because I have to slightly rework them (in fact, the ones I'm posting here also need to be reworked), but these should give a sense of the general idea for the style.

Comments and critiques are of course welcome.

Edit: These were made with MakeHuman, Blender, and Gimp. Some of them also use the game's models for the helmets and clothes (in these ones that I'm posting, currently only Hamilcar of Carthage, but I'll include more)

brit_hero_caratacos_250x250.png.74b1e23f6fca69d8b2b3691d99d7f8b4.png

brit_hero_cunobelin_250x250.png.a4c8e6901dcc39d2fdea074bca6fb9aa.png

gaul_hero_vercingetorix_250x250.png.37553d4fe8bbeb4bdd378fcdf95da57b.png

iber_hero_caros_256x256.png.712cc408647f61177de4c6dfe5eb100c.png

iber_hero_indibil_256x256.png.dab5c4e103b778278cffd10fc533b681.png

iber_hero_viriato_256x256.png.3547e31c9d8978ab5b74eeaae533e94b.png

cart_hero_hamilcar_new_03.png.39f9b934f308f655dad8f381a1ad568d.png

Edited by m7600
  • Like 3
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spart hero Brasidas

Sele hero Antiochus the Great.

Sele hero Antiochus the Righteous.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Miltiades will be cool.

Give me some time to download the latest version of DE so that I can see the actor files for the new heroes.
For now, here is the Athen hero Xenophon

athen_hero_xenophon_256x256.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

These look pretty great! I wonder if the blue tint on background is due to contrast? Otherwise an 'earthy' background could look more integrated with the overall 0ad style.

• Like 1

Once you download DE from github, know that there are still some hero actors I have not updated/improved, so you can avoid these for now:

epir_hero_alexander_I

epir_hero_alexander_II

imp_hero_augustus

imp_hero_titus

imp_hero_trajan

kush_hero_amanitore

rome_hero_marcellus

rome_hero_maximus

rome_hero_scipio

sele_hero_antiochus_righteous

The bolded ones are Delenda Est exclusive. The others need improved in Empires Ascendant as well.

26 minutes ago, badosu said:

These look pretty great! I wonder if the blue tint on background is due to contrast? Otherwise an 'earthy' background could look more integrated with the overall 0ad style.

I thought about that too, but I like the combo of the brown UI and blue portraits. It looks nice.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, m7600 said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone did you have to find out the names for every one of the heroe's horses? That's some dedicated attention to detail right there XD 

LOL, the only actual horse name I'm aware of is Alexander's horse's name Bucephalus. The others I found names of horses from Greek mythology and used those. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, gameboy said:

I'm testing your MOD and I don't seem to see this feature. Please tell me, how can I get this function?

Only a few civs have it. Athens, Thebes, Sparta, Macedon, and Mauryas so far. And only Athens has the updated format in that screenshot with some of the new portraits. Try updating DE again, I just pushed a bunch to the repo.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Thanks 1