create awareness

pauconde.8@gmail.com

Hellow

Mi name is Paula and i am from Argentina. We do not speak English in my country and I know very little. It was very difficult for me to write this messeage.

First of all I want to thank you. I usually play your game and i like it so much. it's amazing, funny and has some amazing graphics.  

Second and the reason for the messeage I want to ask you for a favor.

I want to ask you, please, to disable the option to kill animals with the exception of defense.
Yes! I know! This may seem very strange to you. But I think that simply by asking them this I can contribute by taking care of the environment a little. Did you wonder why or how?
If you cannot kill animals in a game to eat or just kill them, then you will be aware that you cannot step over nature.
 I know it may sound silly. But thinking a little about unconsciousness is a big step for consciousness.
All this occurred to me when I was quarantined and read the news of the killing of the Boswana elephants.
It's just a suggestion. I will not consider the game to be better or worse for what they decide. I just think this would be good for building a healthier and less abusive society.

I hope you can think about it
And let me continue playing after the suggestion.
Thank you very much and greetings from here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pauconde.8@gmail.com said:

I want to ask you, please, to disable the option to kill animals with the exception of defense.
Yes! I know! This may seem very strange to you. But I think that simply by asking them this I can contribute by taking care of the environment a little. Did you wonder why or how?
If you cannot kill animals in a game to eat or just kill them, then you will be aware that you cannot step over nature.
 I know it may sound silly. But thinking a little about unconsciousness is a big step for consciousness.
All this occurred to me when I was quarantined and read the news of the killing of the Boswana elephants.
It's just a suggestion. I will not consider the game to be better or worse for what they decide. I just think this would be good for building a healthier and less abusive society.

I think we can all agree that there is way too much environmental destruction in the world today, and working towards a "less abusive society" is commendable. But the obvious problem with your suggestion is that 0AD is a game of ancient warfare, and in a single match, we can easily kill thousands of units...

Basically, in a way, we're all digital mass murderers for playing this game :)  Removing the option to kill virtual animals will, generally speaking, not result in more virtuous players. 

But perhaps you'd be interested in the "No blood and gore mod for 0 A.D.", or the "NoViolence-Mod for 0 A.D.", which are both available through the in-game mod-downloader and can be useful for younger players:

https://0ad.mod.io/no-blood-and-gore-mod

https://0ad.mod.io/noviolence-mod

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

El veganismo no existía en la edad antigua.

Actually vegetarianism and to a degree, veganism did exist during Antiquity. Particularly among some Hindu and Buddhist groups. Jainism is explicitly vegetarian. Chinese Taoist monks are also vegetarian/vegan. Zoroastrianism explicitly promotes vegetarianism. Some Greek philosophical traditions supported vegetarianism. Some Jewish sects and individuals followed vegetarian lifestyles. A lot of of especially Orthodox Christian monastic traditions and ascetics also encourage vegetarianism. Many Islamic Sufi's are also vegetarian. There are definitely more.

I'm not saying it should or even can be depicted in-game. Just adding some nuance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Actually vegetarianism and to a degree, veganism did exist during Antiquity. Particularly among some Hindu and Buddhist groups. Jainism is explicitly vegetarian. Chinese Taoist monks are also vegetarian/vegan. Zoroastrianism explicitly promotes vegetarianism. Some Greek philosophical traditions supported vegetarianism. Some Jewish sects and individuals followed vegetarian lifestyles. A lot of of especially Orthodox Christian monastic traditions and ascetics also encourage vegetarianism. Many Islamic Sufi's are also vegetarian. There are definitely more.

I'm not saying it should or even can be depicted in-game. Just adding some nuance. 

Yee but not in mostly of our civs. Even in the bible are dome kind veganism, but thats no the point. Here. Hunting was vast of normal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yee but not in mostly of our civs. Even in the bible are dome kind veganism, but thats no the point. Here. Hunting was vast of normal.

True... But, just for the sake of being argumentative, one could argue that hunting is overrepresented in RTS-games like 0AD, which depict sedentary agro-pastoralist cultures and civilizations that by and large didn't really depend much on hunting for food. Then again, it's a game of ancient warfare and I assume that armies on campaign would depend a lot more on hunting than the average village peasant. So, there's that... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The request has a well-meaning motive, but it's also irrational for the game. It creates a slippery slope.

You might as well request 0 A.D. to disable cutting down trees for the same reason.
Burning down buildings can also fall under that category.
Leaving dead people in the battlefield creates an environmental hazard as well (even IF war ancient traditions allow mutual burials post-skirmishes - we mostly have looting).

If your limit is only for animals, then yes, there might be a modder that can do that. But you're taking away a gameplay feature... which isn't good for a game that is recently putting a heavy emphasis on balance.

• Like 1

since elephants have been discussed I have ideas
working elephants could have symbolic damage, which is a bit useful vs rams and tastings, it is disappointing as an animal of tons and giant cannot defend itself
make an indian hero of elephants ande ele-archers upgrades?
I swear that it is the least used troop of 0ad

I still have problems with burning things, when I make the Iberian barracks I get a lot of error messages and I cannot make troops from the barracks -.-

I have a similar error with the Murianos ....

1 hour ago, soloooy0 said:

still have problems with burning things, when I make the Iberian barracks I get a lot of error messages and I cannot make troops from the barracks -.-

I have a similar error with the Murianos ....

Tal vez quedo obsoleto el parche , es normal. Pero deberias hablar eso en otro topic.

• Like 1