I'm assuming the mesh is maur_misc_01.dae
I downloaded the file from this link, but apparently nothing happens when I try to import it into Blender 2.79. Maybe because the model was made 8 years ago? If you can provide me with a working .dae (or .blend) file, I can bake the AO map.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, m7600 said:

I'm assuming the mesh is maur_misc_01.dae
I downloaded the file from this link, but apparently nothing happens when I try to import it into Blender 2.79. Maybe because the model was made 8 years ago? If you can provide me with a working .dae (or .blend) file, I can bake the AO map.

I thought it was just me, I tried blender 2.83 and 2.79

14 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Did the console says something? Is there any import message error?

7 minutes ago, Genava55 said:

Did the console says something? Is there any import message error?

No, not from inside Blender at least. I'll see if I can get an error log some other way. I'm not really good at debugging though (and especially not at debugging something as complex as Blender... even peeking at its source code intimidates me)

Edited by m7600
Spelling

You need to edit the Collada file manually. Remove everything between </asset> and <library_geometries> then try to import again. 

Alternatively you can use my actor importer plugin for blender.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

screenshot0571.thumb.jpg.d466f5cef19f6345845b8064905e6cf2.jpg

5 hours ago, m7600 said:

AO map, new .dae file, and the .blend file. I also updated the actor .xml because, why not? Although you might want to change the names and/or paths of these files @wowgetoffyourcellphone

maur_misc_ao.png

maur_misc_palace.dae 1.34 MB · 0 downloads maur_misc.blend 1.7 MB · 0 downloads misc_structure_01_update.xml 1.2 kB · 0 downloads

Nice. You might want to look at the mesh's units though. lol

screenshot0570.thumb.jpg.d9d29dc2c84fee33c6388560bbd2e9ae.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

screenshot0571.thumb.jpg.d466f5cef19f6345845b8064905e6cf2.jpg

Nice. You might want to look at the mesh's units though. lol

screenshot0570.thumb.jpg.d9d29dc2c84fee33c6388560bbd2e9ae.jpg

Yeah, I didn't even test it (I was too lazy to make the simulation template). But the size can be hackishly fixed by just scaling it up in Blender and then exporting it again. No need to bake the AO map again.

I've noticed a lack of uniformity regarding building sizes in the .dae files of the vanilla game. Most are tiny, and that's fine, but some others are not (Kushite buildings for example).