Spec mod

badosu

New version:

- Show tooltips when playing as single player with vision to show allies resources, same for kd
- Adjust chat messages to the bottom left
- Handle positioning of hero/relics panel

New options:

monitor.showPhase = "false" // Whether to show phase in monitor panel, topbar already shows
monitor.topPanel.showRelicsHero = "true" // Show or hide hero/relics panel

monitor.pyromod

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

That is looking spectacular, dude, great work. I used the older version for my commentary for the game I'm releasing this Sunday, shame I couldn't have used this shiny, revised version, but I had to get it done while I had time last night :) Will have this new one up and running for later...:) 

Making the top bar more functional is a good idea and for sure welcome.

A few remarks:

• Make background opaque, the current alpha value doesn't really help to see what is going on behind it and it isn't click through in the first place anyway.
  • Use the same skin including the golden rim, so it looks just as if part of the original UI. The coloured background for the emblem and font of player name is already sufficient, no need for a coloured bar as well.
  • Ideally use the same height for the panel as the menu on the right hand side, so it perfectly blends with the rest of the UI.
  • The original functionality (the three bars prod/tech/unit) seems pretty broken.

Anyway thanks for your continued work on this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hyperion said:

The original functionality (the three bars prod/tech/unit) seems pretty broken.

Can you expand on that? I neglected it a bit yes, it will be reworked when we approach release quality, but I've been using it and have not experienced any major issues.

The only major issue I could see happening is the default positioning overlap (if it happens), this will be fixed soon.

Edited by badosu

Nice job on the mod, works really well. Is it possible for you to add extra camera height? Comes handy for better overall view when testing maps or if you simply just want more view.

I Also like the quickjump to player when clicking civ emblem.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

really awesome mod :D I think the especially the overlay for the units that are currently produced can be a big help if you are not a pro player, so you don't forget to keep producing more.

Therefore my only feedback is that you might want to change the title of this thread, because i briefly looked over it here in the forum and also saw one of @mysticjim videos and just thought that this mod is only a nice addition if your watching a replay or if you're spectating. (And not that you can also use it while playing)