Spec mod

badosu

It's a very nice mod. Last feature allows even to measure gathered resources per sec. I like that.
Would be nice if implemented in next alpha release, as well as your balanced maps bundled into regular 0ad version (out of the box).
Thanks a lot @badosu for significant contribution into 0ad polishing and tuning up!

• Thanks 1

Well, I was gonna wait a while and polish it up. But I am undecided on how to fix colors and etc and want some feedback.

This version adds the civ emblem inside the indicator, this is not only useful to show the civ and team but also adds some area to the indicator for hover when showNames is false.

prodmod.pyromod

On 7/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, snelius said:

It's a very nice mod. Last feature allows even to measure gathered resources per sec. I like that.
Would be nice if implemented in next alpha release, as well as your balanced maps bundled into regular 0ad version (out of the box).
Thanks a lot @badosu for significant contribution into 0ad polishing and tuning up!

42 minutes ago, badosu said:

Well, I was gonna wait a while and polish it up. But I am undecided on how to fix colors and etc and want some feedback.

This version adds the civ emblem inside the indicator, this is not only useful to show the civ and team but also adds some area to the indicator for hover when showNames is false.

prodmod.pyromod 21.86 kB · 1 download

@Stan` @wraitii @Itms patches are welcome at  https://code.wildfiregames.com/differential/diff/create/

• 3 weeks later...

No substantial changes, just a bunch of fixes that I don't remember and renaming from specmod,prodmod -> monitor.

I recommend removing the specmod folder from your mods folder before installation. If that's not possible, make specmod disabled.

A reminder these are development versions, only install them if you know what you are doing. Official releases will be supported, but these ones are for sharing and receiving feedback from power users.

monitor.pyromod

Edited by badosu

New development version:

- Allow user to configure position of monitor on screen. Right click and drag 'Overview' (e.g. Production Overview etc) button to move monitor on screen.

New configuration options (x and y set from top to bottom, left to right, e.g. 0, 0 is top left):

monitor.pos.x = <anumber>
monitor.pos.y = <anumber>

- Show player phase as first item

monitor.zip

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

A few comments after a short test:

* strange behaviour of space + [q,w,e] -> maybe just use to switch between modes (tabs?) instead.

* bogus spilt of modes: production mixes units and buildings, while units have their own mode buildings/structures do not. Finally tech mixes available and in progress. -> maybe have modes units, structures, and techs and all with the current techs behaviour.

* gain per sec stats are to "jumpy" -> maybe replace function or make it configurable.

* gain per sec stats also ignore loot.

* KD -> maybe reverse order of actual KD and calculation thereof, seems more natural.

* KD values in parenthesis only sometimes match with Res. Killed/Res. Lost -> bug? / other meaning, why duplication if not.

Anyway, overall a useful and visually pleasing mod, so thanks for your work.

Hy @hyperion , thanks for the feedback:

3 hours ago, hyperion said:

* strange behaviour of space + [q,w,e] -> maybe just use to switch between modes (tabs?) instead.

Yes, this is intended for users who don't want the panel present at all times, it's just a quick view. I intended to make a change to switch modes instead when monitor already present but had other priorities so far.

* bogus spilt of modes: production mixes units and buildings, while units have their own mode buildings/structures do not. Finally tech mixes available and in progress. -> maybe have modes units, structures, and techs and all with the current techs behaviour.

Yeah, production mixes units and buildings, the idea is to have an overview of what a player is investing in. Could possibly be changed and configured later. Tech mixing in progress and finished is intended as well.

* gain per sec stats are to "jumpy" -> maybe replace function or make it configurable.

Unfortunately there's not much to be done on that end, it stores each turn gathered res in a buffer of 25 turns (~ 12.5s) then do a delta from last to first, I suppose I could do a moving average too but I want the changes to be at least a bit responsive. Any ideas would be welcome.

I also plan to revamp this section when creating a new "Economy" panel which will show the current resources and rates from users, both on presentation and possibly mechanics. After the drag-to-position functionality was implemented this became feasible. So you will be able to have multiple panels on user defined positions at your convenience.

* gain per sec stats also ignore loot.

This is fine for now I think, could be by design or a bug, either way I don't mind it too much. It preserves the real economy while loot can be inspected separately.

* KD -> maybe reverse order of actual KD and calculation thereof, seems more natural.

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand

* KD values in parenthesis only sometimes match with Res. Killed/Res. Lost -> bug? / other meaning, why duplication if not.

Buildings also count as res. killed/lost not sure if you accounted for that. Capture unfortunately does not account AFAIK. I'm using default 0ad statistics (as shown on Summary page) so I don't control that a lot. As long as it's somewhat faithful it's fine I guess

Anyway, overall a useful and visually pleasing mod, so thanks for your work.

Thanks, I appreciate!

Edited by badosu

10 hours ago, badosu said:
13 hours ago, hyperion said:

Yeah, production mixes units and buildings, the idea is to have an overview of what a player is investing in. Could possibly be changed and configured later. Tech mixing in progress and finished is intended as well.

Researching can also be considered investing... It still boils down to the current split only making partial sense. Maybe allow 3 rows per player via hotkey as there is enough vertical space for it in 1v1 games.

10 hours ago, badosu said:
13 hours ago, hyperion said:

Unfortunately there's not much to be done on that end, it stores each turn gathered res in a buffer of 25 turns (~ 12.5s) then do a delta from last to first, I suppose I could do a moving average too but I want the changes to be at least a bit responsive. Any ideas would be welcome.

So you are already using a moving average, just that most workers won't complete a gathering cycle in 25 turns, so maybe 40-50 turns would be better, hard to say. Getting even better results gets complicated fast, so the current approach might be just good enough. Also updating the displayed number every 0.5s is to fast for comfortably reading it, maybe every second turn instead would be better and help alleviate the feeling of to jumpy.

11 hours ago, badosu said:
14 hours ago, hyperion said:

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand

Probably the line should read "K/D: 15.6  [78 (13700) / 5 (1950)]"  or similar instead as only the single value 15.6 is usually associated with kd, well really a minor issue thou.

• Thanks 1

Researching can also be considered investing... It still boils down to the current split only making partial sense. Maybe allow 3 rows per player via hotkey as there is enough vertical space for it in 1v1 games.

I think researching techs show on the production tab.

Also, in the future you will be able to choose how many and where the panels are located so I won't increase the number of rows per player for now.

4 hours ago, hyperion said:

Probably the line should read "K/D: 15.6  [78 (13700) / 5 (1950)]"  or similar instead as only the single value 15.6 is usually associated with kd, well really a minor issue thou.

I may implement this, thanks! Though the player stats will probably be changed to a quickview panel too and be refactored.

• 5 weeks later...