9 hours ago, GunChleoc said:

Intermediate knowledge should be enough.

I have a pending patch that changes the syntax though, so you should hold off until that one is in. This will happen soon after the release is out.

Also, tribes are not fully pluggable as mods yet - that's something I still want to program, but I haven't started on that yet.

Take a look at  https://www.widelands.org/documentation/map_objects/ and at some files in my branch to get a general idea.

For the animation system, we have some Blender scripts to export to png hosted on Launchpad. How to use the png files is documented on https://www.widelands.org/documentation/animations/.

Thanks! I see that the project uses Blender 2.49. Are there plans to use a more current version? I use 2.79 for example.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In addition to these, there were warriors with great tacapes: wooden maces with variations in size for the use of one or two hands. In addition to more rarely stone axes for combat.

Great images. They mainly represent the Tupi tribes that inhabited the coast, mainly the Tupinambas and their "eternal rivals" Tupiniquins, all of whom are Tupis. I think it would be interesting

So, while I'm finishing up my first mod, "African Empires", I'm thinking what other project I could work on next. I've been searching the web for a dedicated 4x FLOSS engine, but the ones I found

Our export scripts work with Blender 2.79 too. I have recently updated them to produce 2 scales for mipmaps, so it's been tested with that version.

The game engine itself doesn't care, because it will only see the exported png files.