custom rating value  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think players should be able set their rank in-game (not in the lobby) - current 0ad or future releases? example go2die(Queen) instead of go2die(1234)

• Yes, that would be awesome
    • No, I'm strictly against

Custom Rating mods allows you to change text inside your brackets in game. 

There are 2 version one for fgod and second for vanilla 0ad. Select correct one depending if you use fgod or not

Download here latest version

customrating.zip - for 0ad 0.0.23b  only for players using fgod mod

customrating-vanilla.zip- for 0ad 0.0.23b for players not using fgod mod

customrating-vanilla.zip- NEW for 0.0.24 - tested with autociv

changes log - version released

0.24.1 - first initial version for 0ad 0.0.24 vanilla only (as there is no fgod ported)
0.11      -
custom rating vanilla introduced (fgod version still not updated will come shortly)
0.10.3 - minor changes
0.10.2 - any custom text can be added 
0.10.1 - init public

pre-requsities
for fgod version you need to have fgod installed:
fgod 1.6.23 (read first article and download this one fgod.exp.280320201820.pyromod484.48 kB · 323 downloads

tested and works well with these mods
autociv 0.17.9 (older version having problem with autoselect civ - upgrade Autociv mod here)

known bugs:
- by using this mod other vanilla users won't see you in-game with direct clicking on your nick [this mod has fix for it] - i requested little fix on fgod level
- if you join game hosted by someone using autociv and this mod too and say civilization name it won't get assigned and host of the game has to do it manually [fix in future autociv version] fixed in autociv 0.17.9
- if you were kicked from the game and respond yes to in-game request box to rejoin and host of the game has enabled to join observers you will join to the game as observer with wrong player name user (text) (text) - workaround is to rejoin the game from lobby.

report to me please

This mod won't affect your rating number nor 1 vs 1 plays. You can always check player rank from left lobby menu

Result

image.png.619c4b3a5c8e471e80e02d94dba84967.pngimage.png.94fd8b9e417f466c7301802e9516b46b.png

Settings in-game

image.png.bb701c62b0235c6cda743f47f0b2fda2.png

image.png

Edited by go2die
added new version for 0ad 24
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Boudica said:

The ability to add some more info to your username might be a good alternative to creating a new username.

As much as I agree this can be positive, the underlying issue to duplicate accounts is players forgetting passwords or not being able to rename the account name

• Like 1

To make it work you need to have fgod 1.6.23 installd (thanks to @ffffffff and nani)

any bugs reports here. 

I mostly have 0 credits for that I wanted just educate myself how to make mod. 

Enjoy make 0ad community equal... 

this is result

image.png.c8f97c38a98796c693f8fbee035063ed.png

image.png

Edited by go2die
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

current version of custom rating is not working correctly with special characters not included in latin-1 encoding. Issue is related to the way how 0ad options page (especially save button) is saving/converting char-set of user.cfg config file. If there is extra character it will save it as (file -i user.cfg)
user.cfg: application/octet-stream; charset=binary
otherwise as:
user.cfg: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

So this is limitation of configuration file not supporting fully utf8 characters. Anyway java script and all codes are supporting utf8.

due to this limitation I did small workaround and some extra characters can be used: currently (if you have some others in mind please post them I will not support whole utf8 coz not all are displayed correctly anyway.. I will release new version obtain some feedback to this post.

∞ ♡  ™  
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

New version 0.11 introduced for vanilla players (those who don't used fgod) so for fgod players there is no update at this moment. 

Check first post for download and details.

And if you like it send me hearts

I used autociv code to implement some startup checks I hope @nani won't feel angry to me :)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, badosu said:

Just port the functions unless you're sharing too much code.

You can also rename them if you feel uneasy redefining.

I will try.. this is just fastest solution :) I need look around  for gits ... another priorities :newyear: