civ: Zimbabweans

41 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Storehouse WIP. I need to fix the texture, but this would be the general idea for the shape.

zimb_storehouse.png

For most buildings other than fortress, painted clay textures would suffice.

Stone was used mostly for fences and foundations.

The raised platform with the shack bellow looks a bit odd, maybe make the whole building ground level.

• Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't forgotten about this mod, I'm still working on it. But I think I will wait until the release of Alpha 24 before I publish it. Anyways, in the meantime, here's a concept I did for fun with Ma

@Ultimate Aurelian Duly noted, thanks. Here's how they start the game, with walls like the Iberians. I'll have to fix the textures though, and the models I made are a bit crude, gotta keep working

Work in progress for the Wonder (Ruins of the Hill Complex).

Posted Images

9 hours ago, m7600 said:

Storehouse WIP. I need to fix the texture, but this would be the general idea for the shape.

zimb_storehouse.png

The wood in the storehouse is red and shiny. A little bit too much.

Edited by balduin
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Something like this?

zimb_house_clay_wip.png

Yes.

13 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Could something like this work for the defense tower?

zimb_defense_tower.png

It could, although i think the stone platform makes it look a bit like a lighthouse; better to use it for other buildings.

In my opinion alongside with the CC, Barracks, market and temple could have fences and stone platform (Corral should be ground level but have a stone fence).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions and comments. You folks are really pushing my humble artistic skills to the limit, and I feel like I'm learning a lot of stuff and improving as an artist thanks to your help. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, asterix said:

maybe add some training area, for shooting or training with other weapons as  props

Maybe  do away with the two smaller huts, and have it be like in the concept i posted on the first page (Fence on the bottom as the current version plus another fence on the raised foundation).

The area in between can have some props.

I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions and comments. You folks are really pushing my humble artistic skills to the limit, and I feel like I'm learning a lot of stuff and improving as an artist thanks to your help. 

You're welcome, i learned a lot researching for these threads as well.

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Fortress WIP

zimb_fortress.png

I like the buildings shape, but i am not sure about the huts beams connecting to the walls.

I think there are two possible options

First you could keep the huts but the beams connect to their foundation; the second one is no huts just a roof connect to the walls (Like in tower.).

If you keep the huts maybe make them clay (The rest of the building can still be stone).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, m7600 said:

Market WIP

zimb_market.png

The towered hut does not fit it much imo; you could have a long hut in the back and another somewhat shorter hut on the side  with stalls in the middle.

A bit like the Ptolemaic market's (One in the right corner of the middle row with fountain) footprint.

markets.png

• Thanks 1

@Ultimate Aurelian Thanks for the feedback!

@Stan` I have a question about normal maps. Are they used in Atlas, or only in the game? Because I just noticed that if I replace the normal map .png of any civ with a different normal map, nothing happens in Atlas, the building's texture looks exactly the same no matter what normal map you use. If you need screenshots, I can post them.

Stone outpost. This would be a work in progress for one of the unique buildings of this civ. It looks rather simple right now. It's function would be that it can be used to scout the map; it can be built in neutral and enemy territory.

zimb_stone_outpost_wip.png

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

I like that you gave them a unique model for the sentry tower.

The pillars on the second one look a bit cramped.

About the sentry tower, actually all civs have their own unique model for it, even in the main game (it can be upgraded to a defense tower during the town phase). Perhaps you were thinking about the wooden outpost, that one is the same model for every civ. The Zimbabweans will have one of those as well, in addition to a stone outpost which would be one of their unique buildings. 

Edited by m7600
Spelling