Flickering

Mr.lie

i've also noticed, it's only partiell (see the video) - on the island it's flickering, scrolling to CC, nothing, back to islands, it's flickering again :huh:

Edited by Mr.lie
Delete Video and paste Video-Link

Doesn't look like an GPU OOM and more like a depth fighting issue with the transparent objects when projecting the shadows? maybe .... also reminds me of the behavior of the silhouette flickering/disappearance bug, maybe they are both connected to the same issue? maybe ... @vladislavbelov  we need your knowledge????

@Mr.lie videos 300 mb 30 sec -.-  I know they look good but takes 5 min to download, compress before hand pls (also the forum server must store all these gb of uncompressed data)

Edited by nani

9 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you make sure Reshade does not interfere, it usually doesn't uninstall cleanly, and leaves dlls and other things in folders.

What i've done:

1. deinstalled ReShade

2. clean 0ad-folder via svn

3. reduce the shadowquality to "High"

but ...

25 minutes ago, wraitii said:

Agreed that it looks like z-fighting in the shadow map (this sounds more epic than it is btw :p )

Did this never happen before? Is that just on this one map? What happens if you lower the shadow quality settings?

Hi,

1. I'm not sure whether or not it happens before.

2. No (see example)

3. I've tested all shadow quality settings, it's always the same.

FYI (what i've noticed):

Please watch the following video: until 1:20 no flickering, then the enemy attacks, the flickering begin (on beat). After that i see no more flickering.

2 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

That also can be a wrong shadow map bounding box, for example if there is an object a far away from the map. I need to see shadow map bounds from developer panel in SVN.

hi, what exactly do you mean?

this?

image.thumb.png.9a4a0cd494f1ed3a818a0a1cae2d6438.png

image.thumb.png.dc593c93b7612a2b5ec4e3aed12d16ba.png

Edited by Mr.lie