Campaign: Macedonia - Rise to Power + Balkan Campaign + Into Asia

9 hours ago, SciGuy42 said:

Up to and including mission 34 are now converted to a25. I had to take a break for a bit but now I'll try to finish the rest of them soon.

As for making this part of the game, sounds good in theory but it looks like there are just way too many changes that happen from release to release. Unless each new version comes with a good automated conversion tool, I won't have the bandwidth to do the conversion to newer versions.

Well if it becomes part of the game it's maintenance falls down on us :)

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Stan` said:

@SciGuy42 Do you need help making it available on 0ad.mod.io so everyone can download it from the game?

Sure, it'd appreciate it. Currently up to mission 36 work on a25.

I am still hesitant about it being a finished campaign in the sense that I want people to be able to skip ahead if needed. There may still be bugs in victory conditions that I haven't encountered, the order certainly isn't balanced for difficulty. So ideally, people should be able to play any mission even if they haven't finished the previous one. On the other hand, requiring the missions to be played in order will probably let us know what bugs need to be fixed.

If you need github access to the repo, let me know and I can give permissions.

I am still hesitant about it being a finished campaign in the sense that I want people to be able to skip ahead if needed. There may still be bugs in victory conditions that I haven't encountered, the order certainly isn't balanced for difficulty. So ideally, people should be able to play any mission even if they haven't finished the previous one. On the other hand, requiring the missions to be played in order will probably let us know what bugs need to be fixed.

Well we can fix it as we go. I believe you can still play the missions in a single player match though :)

Sure, it'd appreciate it. Currently up to mission 36 work on a25.

Okay will look into packaging it and maybe fixing some of the missions :)

If you need github access to the repo, let me know and I can give permissions.

Sure please add me (StanleySweet)

• 1 month later...

Mission 39 is now also converted to a25. Yay.

For the next mission, I need to figure out how to properly teleport units (basically, you have dug tunnels into the city that needs to be conquered :). The previous attempt worked but it was very hacky and not every type of unit could be teleported. Ideally, what I need is a function that given the entity ID, it tells me the template of the entity so I can spawn that exact template. Does such a function exist? Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SciGuy42 said:

Mission 39 is now also converted to a25. Yay.

For the next mission, I need to figure out how to properly teleport units (basically, you have dug tunnels into the city that needs to be conquered :). The previous attempt worked but it was very hacky and not every type of unit could be teleported. Ideally, what I need is a function that given the entity ID, it tells me the template of the entity so I can spawn that exact template. Does such a function exist? Thanks!

If you have an entity id you can get it's cmpPosition and move the unit to x,y coordinates. This way you don't have to recreate it.

20 hours ago, Stan` said:

If you have an entity id you can get it's cmpPosition and move the unit to x,y coordinates. This way you don't have to recreate it.

I know how to get an entity's cmpPosition but will simply changing the x and y coordinates actually teleport it? The other issue with this is that I only know the entity ID of the destination, currently I use the spawn units function to spawn a "copy" at that destination which automatically figures out the actual x,y position.

I know how to get an entity's cmpPosition but will simply changing the x and y coordinates actually teleport it?

It should

The other issue with this is that I only know the entity ID of the destination, currently I use the spawn units function to spawn a "copy" at that destination which automatically figures out the actual x,y position.

You can try to spawn at that new entities position, units should automatically spawn around each other, not sure about a building, need to be attempted.

7 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Great work! :) In your first post you explained to copy files. Unless I have overseen some further guidance, would you please consider making this available as a mod? Or how is this supposed to work "out-of-the-box" for the less tech-savvy players? Thanks a lot for your guidance!

I'm working on this, but we first need to finish A25 compatibility then start A26 compatibility.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have now finished the port to a25! Sorry it took a while, with the war going on and all, my open source development time had to be spent elsewhere.

What's next? I can try to install the latest version and start that port. It took me a while because I had to play every mission mostly from start to finish to make sure there are no bugs. Can someone point me to the list of major changes in the latest version relative to a25 so I can estimate what it would take to convert? Thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see that there is two branches on github, https://github.com/SciGuy42/Macedonia_0ad/tree/a25 and the master, both have some commits related to porting it to version 0.25, checking the diff looks like some code was touched in both branches... Does anyone know in which state is this project? I think i will try to merge the branches and then try to port it to 0.26. After reading the https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/PortA25ToA26 having the code base 0.25 ready, looks like a straight forward task.

Best regards,

VP

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

This campaign looks cool. if/when It's added to mainstream, let me know, I'll test it and I can edit the dialog and story.

You can download it from my Github and install it as mod (just copy to the mods folder/directory), then enable it via mods selection, and you are ready to play.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks, I am back. Work and family kept me away for a while but I am curious to see where things start. I see that it has been forked on the github. Does it work with the latest 0ad? I am curious which 0ad to install to make sure it works.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 8:52 AM, vpereira said:

I was able to merge the a25 branch into the master branch. Looks like the author pushed twice the updates for mission 8 and 12 to a25: https://github.com/vpereira/Macedonia_0ad. Now its fixed.

I have invited you to collaborate, if you'd like, free to push any fixes you've made while I was inactive.

I just installed the latest 0ad from the universe, and am checking which missions give errors upon load. Hopefully I can fix those in the next week or two.

21 hours ago, SciGuy42 said:

I have invited you to collaborate, if you'd like, free to push any fixes you've made while I was inactive.

I just installed the latest 0ad from the universe, and am checking which missions give errors upon load. Hopefully I can fix those in the next week or two.

Hey, yes.. i will take a look what are the merge conflicts in the PR that I opened.. My kids played a lot it and they couldnt find any error, i.e error messages popping up while playing.. however I think we should change the AI in some cases, for instance first mission, the enemies could do more.. what do you think?