Campaign: Macedonia - Rise to Power + Balkan Campaign + Into Asia

On 19/02/2022 at 8:33 PM, hyperion said:

There should be a way to programmatically enable/disable capturability of an entity I'd say.

I _think_ one can use a filter at entity creation time, actually. ("special/filter" template folder, like the "uncapturable.xml" but then one that has "capturable" enabled.)

• Like 1

Mission 18 is now up and ready for a25. You get to sack the city of Tyre. Note that I had to modify the template for the lighthouse to enable the trigger of revealing all shores. Actually, before in a23, when the lighthouse was captured, the shores became explore but not revealed. Now, they become revealed as in, no fog of war. But that's fine. Enjoy!

mace_17_1.png

mace_17_2.png

mace_17_3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SciGuy42 said:

Mission 18 is now up and ready for a25. You get to sack the city of Tyre. Note that I had to modify the template for the lighthouse to enable the trigger of revealing all shores. Actually, before in a23, when the lighthouse was captured, the shores became explore but not revealed. Now, they become revealed as in, no fog of war. But that's fine. Enjoy!

mace_17_1.png

mace_17_2.png

mace_17_3.png

It would be great if Phoenicia had fire ships.

On 21/02/2022 at 6:49 AM, Freagarach said:

I _think_ one can use a filter at entity creation time, actually. ("special/filter" template folder, like the "uncapturable.xml" but then one that has "capturable" enabled.)

This would cover 90% if it works. Just imagine you have chained objectives and the second objective would be to capture a building, then you might want to disable can be damaged or captured till first objective is reached or you'd risk breaking the script/flow of the mission.

9 hours ago, hyperion said:

This would cover 90% if it works. Just imagine you have chained objectives and the second objective would be to capture a building, then you might want to disable can be damaged or captured till first objective is reached or you'd risk breaking the script/flow of the mission.

Maybe that can be fixed by toggling "invulnerable"? So that makes it 99%? ;P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the current progress of this project? There have been recent commits to the repo so seems pretty active.

Merging this into A27 would be nice. With a nicer level selection interface the maps could be committed as the inaugural campaign.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 12:28 PM, smiley said:

What is the current progress of this project? There have been recent commits to the repo so seems pretty active.

Merging this into A27 would be nice. With a nicer level selection interface the maps could be committed as the inaugural campaign.

I am currently in the process of converting the scenarios to a25. As long as a27 is backwards compatible with a25, it should work. If it's not, I probably won't have the patience to the conversions, there were so many changes going to a25. Ideally, there either should be backwards compatibility or scripts to convert scenarios (I have written a .sh script to convert the xml files by remapping the templates but it's not perfect). Someone already converted the .pmp files. I have no scripts to convert the .js files automatically and since this is a trigger heavy campaign, most of the time in conversion goes to editing the .js files.

If you do want to help in any way, let me know! Someone still needs to work on the mod .json files to get it to work as a campaign. And it's obviously not difficulty balanced so for the time being I would like folks to be able to play any mission they want in any order.

Edited by SciGuy42

8 minutes ago, SciGuy42 said:

I am currently in the process of converting the scenarios to a25. As long as a27 is backwards compatible with a25, it should work. If it's not, I probably won't have the patience to the conversions, there were so many changes going to a25. Ideally, there either should be backwards compatibility or scripts to convert scenarios (I have written a .sh script to convert the xml files by remapping the templates but it's not perfect). Someone already converted the .pmp files. I have no scripts to convert the .js files automatically and since this is a trigger heavy campaign, most of the time in conversion goes to editing the .js files.

If you do want to help in any way, let me know! Someone still needs to work on the mod .json files to get it to work as a campaign. And it's obviously not difficulty balanced so for the time being I would like folks to be able to play any mission they want in any order.

Hey we try to write scripts to do those things, but sometimes we forget, you can also get in touch with us on IRC (Or me on Discord if you need help or assistance) Usually the breaking changes are here 
Alpha26 – Wildfire Games
And the way to update is there

PortA25ToA26 – Wildfire Games

Get in touch :) I'd really like to have your campaign someday :) 

Also thorough testing and usage of triggers is definitely wanted. There is so much possible it would be a shame not to do it :) The tutorials could probably benefit from it as well.

• Thanks 1

On 30/04/2022 at 3:46 AM, nwtour said:

Couldn't complete the first mission. There is a green player somewhere but I don't see him

577727010__2022-04-30_10-40-03.thumb.png.88660aa21a748b7d6a312dadde8a3c10.png

Thanks for catching this. I add a script now that periodically checks if the enemy has any civil centers -- if not, then you win!

edit: this is only implemented in the a25 branch of the github which is the one you should be using

Edited by SciGuy42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

Hey we try to write scripts to do those things, but sometimes we forget, you can also get in touch with us on IRC (Or me on Discord if you need help or assistance) Usually the breaking changes are here 
Alpha26 – Wildfire Games
And the way to update is there

PortA25ToA26 – Wildfire Games

Get in touch :) I'd really like to have your campaign someday :) 

Also thorough testing and usage of triggers is definitely wanted. There is so much possible it would be a shame not to do it :) The tutorials could probably benefit from it as well.

Thanks for the info! Can you try to see if the first mission runs fine on a27? I will need to stick to a25 until I have converted all of them, so maybe a month or two more.

• 2 weeks later...

As I played the campaign, I truly enjoy 0ad's single-player experience. The use of trigger scripts always makes the missions exciting and a real struggle to complete, but all the more rewarding when you actually win them. Favourite single-player mod to date.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2022 at 11:36 PM, Langbart said:

As I played the campaign, I truly enjoy 0ad's single-player experience. The use of trigger scripts always makes the missions exciting and a real struggle to complete, but all the more rewarding when you actually win them. Favourite single-player mod to date.

Thanks so much! I love single player RTS games, so I am mostly drawing on my years of playing AoE I and II, Starcraft I, C&C series, etc. The trigger API also helps a lot, so many things you can do with code!

• Like 1

Up to mission 32 are now converted to a25 and can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/SciGuy42/Macedonia_0ad/tree/a25

Just a few more to go! Most of the effort in converting goes into changing some function calls that changed as well as renaming the templates. I do test each mission once before I commit to the github and since I usually play on slow and turtle to micromanage better, that part can take a while.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SciGuy42 said:

Up to mission 32 are now converted to a25 and can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/SciGuy42/Macedonia_0ad/tree/a25

Just a few more to go! Most of the effort in converting goes into changing some function calls that changed as well as renaming the templates. I do test each mission once before I commit to the github and since I usually play on slow and turtle to micromanage better, that part can take a while.

Keep up the great work. With a bit of luck we can sync when you are done so that I can sign your campaign mod so it's ready to be downloaded when A26 comes out.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/06/2022 at 11:02 PM, Stan` said:

Keep up the great work. With a bit of luck we can sync when you are done so that I can sign your campaign mod so it's ready to be downloaded when A26 comes out.

Is it possible that the mod may be included with the base 0 AD itself in the future?

A single-player campaign is something I'd personally wished was present in 0 AD for a long time.

Edited by Andrettin
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Up to and including mission 34 are now converted to a25. I had to take a break for a bit but now I'll try to finish the rest of them soon.

As for making this part of the game, sounds good in theory but it looks like there are just way too many changes that happen from release to release. Unless each new version comes with a good automated conversion tool, I won't have the bandwidth to do the conversion to newer versions.

Edited by SciGuy42