I think my opponent quit 1v1 ranked--how can I report and get ranking updated?

Poppapoptart

Hello,

I think my opponent quit a 1v1 ranked game--I got a notification that he quit, but not that he resigned. When hit enter to bring up previous chat, I saw that he had resigned, however, I never got a win notification. I took screenshots, how can I get this fixed?

Thanks!

Poppapoptart

Hi Poppapoptart, my guess regarding the missing victory notification is incorrect match settings. It could be the victory condition set to None, which makes the game go on forever without a winner. Or maybe if you selected a special map or maybe a map with multiple player slots. I'd have to see the replay to tell more.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boudica said:

Hi Poppapoptart, my guess regarding the missing victory notification is incorrect match settings. It could be the victory condition set to None, which makes the game go on forever without a winner. Or maybe if you selected a special map or maybe a map with multiple player slots. I'd have to see the replay to tell more.

that is a good point, you are probably right... I bet the victory conditions were set to none. Do I just have to eat this one or is there anyway for me to still get the rating bump?

I attached the screenshots I took to try and prove that I won. Unfortunately I don't think they identify the victory conditions. I didn't think to save the replay :/

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.54.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.54.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.54.00 PM.png

5 hours ago, Poppapoptart said:

that is a good point, you are probably right... I bet the victory conditions were set to none. Do I just have to eat this one or is there anyway for me to still get the rating bump?

I attached the screenshots I took to try and prove that I won. Unfortunately I don't think they identify the victory conditions. I didn't think to save the replay :/

the game save the replay automatically in a txt format. in your personal file ata.

I'm afraid that you can't officially demand the points if the match settings weren't set right. You could probably ask the opponent to admit the defeat and give you the points by instantly resigning a new game. Anyway, I'd instead recommend moving on because, knowing how the rating works, it's not bad as it sounds.

The thing to keep in mind is that If you improve at the game, it won't be difficult for you to get to a higher rating fast in the future. Higher rated player don't deny you the points as often as noobs. And by beating a higher rated player you can even get significantly more points. Take it like this: this one victory you didn't get points for will make you receive a little more points for several future games that you win (because the rating difference between the players will be higher).

That being said, it still isn't allowed to quit a properly set-up rated game, so feel free to report any future incidents. If you go to the replay dialog from the main game menu, you should be able to see the available game replays. If you select one, it shows you where the file is located on the disk. On my computer, it's under Documents/My Games/0ad/replays/0.0.23, where there are sub-directories with individual replay files (commands.txt, metadata.json). It's best to post both of these files of a given replay, or you can just zip the directory containing them.

• Like 1